Leper Messiah

Tiredness Poll

Rate this topic

Just wondering if anyone gets seriously tired after eating foods which they know or think are triggers for them? And by seriously I mean like a sleepy/brain fog stupor.

From reading posts on the forum it seems digestive issues are the main problem people face. Whilst I get bloating/other issues this is secondary to the tiredness. I do have borderline weak adrenals though so this may be a contributing factor. Be interesting to hear others experiences as a bit of a straw poll.

Yes.

Last time I got glutened I was pretty much sapped for energy for the entire next day and decently drained the day after that.

This is one of my primary symptoms. I sleep for hours on end. Sometimes I have to call in sick so I can sleep all day. This is in addition to sleeping extra hours at night. Usually this lethargy/brain fog/sleepiness lasts for a week.

Do you mean trigger foods, as in gluten or other foods that cause issues? Exhaustion, brain fog, confusion, etc. are my worst complaints after I've been glutened. Well, my mood is up there too. It all seems to be getting worse the longer I'm gluten-free, which I've read is normal. I get to the point where I'm useless and thank God my kids still nap because I crash in the afternoon.

Just wondering if anyone gets seriously tired after eating foods which they know or think are triggers for them? And by seriously I mean like a sleepy/brain fog stupor.

From reading posts on the forum it seems digestive issues are the main problem people face. Whilst I get bloating/other issues this is secondary to the tiredness. I do have borderline weak adrenals though so this may be a contributing factor. Be interesting to hear others experiences as a bit of a straw poll.

You are not alone!! My first symptom is always a terrible headache and then I immediately get lethargic and need to lie down. These symptoms can last up to 2 weeks for me as I am seriously sensitive to gluten. Hope this helps!

I get sleepy within 30 minutes and it can last for several days. If I'm thinking I'm so tired I need a nap just to have the energy to nap I know I've been poisoned with gluten.

I think we hear more about the intestinal problems because the other people are too tired to be on the forum.

when I first went gluten free, i found that after eating lunch i was sooo tired, i could barely keep my head up and my eyes open. It was all gluten free stuff, and stuff I knew was ok to eat, so, not trigger food, but still made me really tired...i car pool to work, thank god, because there were some nights that i wouldn't have been able to drive myself home.....after a few months, it stopped.

I think we hear more about the intestinal problems because the other people are too tired to be on the forum.

You're too funny! :P

Yep, huge snoozer here, too. For me it only lasts a couple of days, but it's a MAJOR nap attack. I think one time I slept about 20 hours out of 24.

yes! this is one of my symptoms!!

it will usually hit me days later but i'm wondering if i got glutened because i haven't felt this exhaustion since before i went gluten-free.

for work we out for lunch yesterday and i had a burger (no bun) and a side of steamed veggies. guess it was the burger cause i struggled waking up this morning and passed out early last night!

The tiredness is awful for me.I got glutened yesterday and I'm SOOOOO tired. People have all sorts of symptoms with celiac, not just GI stuff. Probably another reason it's tough to diagnose. Neuro symptoms are pretty common, anxiety, depression, sleep disorders.

Anxiety became the bane of my existence for about 8 months before my diagnosis. It was so bad I would drive in the slow lane on the freeway in case I got too dizzy and had to pull over. After 2 days gluten free it went away, the first thing to go.

I have insomnia, which adds to my tiredness. I'm sure it's an unresolved celiac symptoms.

I get sleepy within 30 minutes and it can last for several days. If I'm thinking I'm so tired I need a nap just to have the energy to nap I know I've been poisoned with gluten.

:lol: Haha, cracking comment.

Thanks for your replies, nice to know I'm not alone in the land of nod zZz. I work as an accountant and have to pray to god no-one phones or comes over with a complex query when my symptoms come on, mainly after lunch. It's so funny (and of course frustrating) when remembering someone's friggin name who you probably spoke to just before lunch poses a challenge! I can see it in their eyes "Wat...a...dumb@ss" lol.

My inquisitive nature wants to try and figure this out...I mean why do we get so tired? What is happening to our bodies on ingestion? Is the gluten/casein/etc causing leaky gut or so much inflammation that our adrenals struggle to cope? Hmmm...any ideas? As an aside it does seem to be getting better the longer I'm avoiding gluten, dairy and eggs, I'm still very much a newb to the diet though.

I have seriously thought I may suffer from narcalepsy (At home. I feel like I could just pass out, like slow motion, sometimes my time perception feels distorted. It is hard to explain. It comes and goes I never have it for days only hours and the extreme reaction passes I drag after that. I find this to be the only thing that makes me want to adhear to the gluten free diet. Trying to keep the house clean running after kids, it is so hard for me to not be able to finish what I need to get done, and many times as silly as this sounds I feel so useless. But since I have found out this is what it is, I am trying to do right. I also feel like my body is shutting down during these times. I literally have called my mom an RN and told her I don't know what is going on with me, but I feel like it is struggling to operate. I swore I would die before they found out what was going on. Crazy HUH? All these things that Gluten does.It is still hard for my to believe that this could cause so many problems, and it makes me sad for people who are struggling and have no answers.