Coleslawcat

Anyone Else Have Trouble With Van's gluten-free Waffles?

Rate this topic

I tried them for the first time last week and I had nausea/vomiting and a bad headache the three days I tried them. I know it sounds stupid trying them 3 days in a row with that reaction, but I am pregnant right now so the nausea/vomiting (my main glutening symptom) isn't so obviously tied to gluten right now. I didn't eat them the next 3 days and felt much better those days. I also haven't had a headache since I stopped eating them. If not for the headache I'd just assume I had some bad days because of the pregnancy, but the headache is a tell tale glutening sign for me, so it makes me suspicious.

I can't tolerate them either....it's most likely cross contamination since they make products with wheat. If you're sensitive to soy and have a similar reaction with it, it could be that too.

Feel better :)

I just tried them for the first time yesterday morning and felt great. :unsure:

They made me sick when I tried them over two years ago. They also made my son sick.

Hmm, I don't think I'm sensitive to soy. But something about them bugged me. I wonder if it was cross contamination. I think it's safe to say I won't be trying them again to try to figure out what the issue was. They are simple enough to avoid for me. I'm glad they work for some people.