PacifiGirl

Withdrawal Symptoms?

Rate this topic

I've been gluten-free for exactly a week. Just this afternoon a headache came on like a freight train. We were at Home Depot and I thought I was going to be sick. I had to get outside, and then it subsided a bit. I thought the headache was just from all of the chemicals in HD (which have never bothered me before). It's been six hours and I still have what feels like a dehydration headache (I'm not dehydrated). My stomach is also not feeling great. Anyone else had anything similar when going gluten-free?

I've been gluten-free for exactly a week. Just this afternoon a headache came on like a freight train. We were at Home Depot and I thought I was going to be sick. I had to get outside, and then it subsided a bit. I thought the headache was just from all of the chemicals in HD (which have never bothered me before). It's been six hours and I still have what feels like a dehydration headache (I'm not dehydrated). My stomach is also not feeling great. Anyone else had anything similar when going gluten-free?

When I went thru my withdrawls......I was like a junkie without my drug. My body and mind was shutting down (or it seemed) to where I couldn't concentrate nor make a decision.....and made plenty of mistakes at work.

Anger was quick.......frustration and temper tantrums too. I swear my brother ducked everytime I ranted and raved!

I couldn't drive either so warn your family and ask them to drive you where you need to go.

You think you lived with a fog before? It was worse for the 2 weeks of gluten-free.

Your body will go thru many changes in these couple of weeks.....hunger, then only eating when the stomach growls.

But now I feel amazing! Mind is clearer and I'm happy again! (it's been a lifetime!)

I've been gluten-free since the middle of October 2009.

It does get better - not much longer for you now!

WOO HOO! You've gotten this far.

I'm feeling better today, but so cranky! My poor DH has to deal with my PMS and now my pseudo-pms :P I've noticed my hunger has gone way down, probably because my normal snacking items are off limits now. I'm sooo ready for the head fog to be gone. I've chalked it up to having babies for the past few years, but now I know it's due to celiac disease. Thanks for responding :)

I'm feeling better today, but so cranky! My poor DH has to deal with my PMS and now my pseudo-pms :P I've noticed my hunger has gone way down, probably because my normal snacking items are off limits now. I'm sooo ready for the head fog to be gone. I've chalked it up to having babies for the past few years, but now I know it's due to celiac disease. Thanks for responding :)

I am gluten free since this January. My brain fog is gone completely (it was really bad), my PMS is almost gone too. No anxieties, no bad dreams. I still have migraines during my period, but now they last only for one day (instead of 3-4 days). And my super-hunger is long gone. Over the last few years I have gained 15 pounds and now I am loosing slowly weight (and lots of water from my body). Hope to be back to my normal weight that I used to have between ages 13 and 38. And I feel just wonderful, no matter what

I've never had headaches my whole life, and I had 8-9 major migraines during the first 6 weeks of going gluten-free (I'm now 9 weeks g.f.). In the subsequent 3 weeks I've had 2-3 minor migraines (I think they'd still qualify as migraines because I have a milder version of the head pressure, weakness, irritability, and sound/light sensitivity. I will also have mild "regular" headaches that can last for a few hours, even now. I also have problems with bouts of muscle weakness (not as severe as they used to be now, though) that are unrelated to hunger, eating, physical exertion, etc. - I don't know if this is related to withdrawal or not.