Rate this topic

Hi there, I'm Stef, I don't know, if any of you remember me. I was one of those crazy actives on this board from about 2004 to 2007. Then my son got born, I got separated, was in a women's shelter, got divorced and had a crazy life for a while. Everything is pretty much back to normal and I would like to participate again on here. Just wanted to say hi to everybody, who still knows me, and everybody, who I hopefully will get to know.

Have a great evening, Stef

Hi Stef,

Most of the gang is still here.

Wow you have been through a lot of stuff! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :rolleyes:

Glad you came back!

Just the other day, I was wondering what ever became of you. I'm so glad to here that you are okay. Welcome back. {{HUGS}}

OMG Stef!!!! :D

I've thought about you and wondered how you were doing. So glad to hear your life is getting back to normal and that you're back with us. How's the baby? How are you feeling?

Welcome back!! :)

Welcome back!

We're expecting our first any day now!

I don't know you, and I wasn't on the boards during that time, but you live right around the corner from me -- I'm in New Kingstown. And kickboxing, eh? Very cool. Have to find out more!

Aaaah! Guys, I'm so excited I got replies. :lol::lol: This time I'm planning to stay for good here B) Tiffany, congratulations to you. That is awesome!!!

I've indeed been through a lot. And even though we still struggle at times, it's going on up from here. Let me do a little quick history to keep up with the news.

First off, Lukas is doing very well. He's blabbering away in three languages: German (of course), then English, and Spanish. He's loves Martial Arts and especially likes to handle the Bo staff. He makes progress at light speed, which is surprising to me, as I am NOT instructing him. He just picks it up by watching... and he doesn't even watch a lot :P . If he keeps going at that pace, he will be one of those kids, who make their first World Championships at 7 years, which is the lowest age one can start going to a WKA World Championship. I've always wondered, who in the right mind would let a young child like that compete at World level, but I guess I have to reconsider :unsure: . There you go...

Well, I finally got divorced in October 2008 :( . I've been to two more World Championships since then. One in Orlando, FL, in 2008, and the other last year in Spain again. I came as close as it gets to a Gold medal last year and after my pregnancy break. I lost the Gold by one point in the final round. It was so tight, you couldn't fit a needle through. I was originally leading in the first round, but after she kicked me down with a spinning side kick to the solar plexus I was missing a little air and she came closer and closer to winning. Finally I couldn't make it anymore and she won by one point. At this point EVERYBODY in that Association knows me, cause I've almost went to all the World Championships around the globe since 1998. And everybody knows I never made it to the Gold, so everybody was holding their breaths. Coach Eaves said: "This is your time, you've waited for this so long. Go get it!" But then it still didn't want to be... Other than that Silver medal in pointfighting I made another Silver medal in Musical Forms and a Bronze medal in Musical Weapons. About an hour ago I sent my letter off with a check for my slots in the National Team this year. We will be going to Scotland. I'm soooo excited again. Even though I'm an "oldtimer" it's exciting every year.

@ciavyn: Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you, but I was looking for a name. I send you a message about the kickboxing thing.

I guess, I will talk to everyone later.

Stef

@ciavyn: Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you, but I was looking for a name. I send you a message about the kickboxing thing.

I guess, I will talk to everyone later.

Stef

Welcome Back Stef-I was a newbie on the board when you left and several of your posts helped me a lot during that crazy "am I doing this right?" time.

Hi Stef!! Welcome back!! I was a newbie around the time you left, also . . . but I do remember getting in on the baby pool just before Lukas was born :D

Welcome back Steph! So glad that things are going well. Baby pool, LOL! I remember, with Angie too.

Welcome back. Glad to hear things are going good for you now. It can be tough sometimes but it sounds like you have gotten through a rough spot and come out on top. Hope all continues to go well.

Well, financially we're not quite over the top yet, but it's getting better. Babysteps...

In this economy I'm so proud I actually found a job, that can be combined with my school, my son, the PRE meetings, and pretty much everything else, except of my ex's schedule. Well, since he's kind of not in my life anymore, his bad I think. Then he has to pick up Lukas, whenever I have the time. And at 8pm in the morning or 3.30pm in the afternoon I will be driving, so he either needs to get him earlier or later. I can't help it. I can't please everybody. And I have to take care of my financial stability first.

Talk to you all later, Stef

717-701-3308