claude

gluten-free Restaurants In Barcelona, Spain

Rate this topic

We're traveling next month and would like to know where to eat in Barcelona. We're staying near the cruise-ship docks. Thank you

I lived there for 5 months but that was 20 years ago and prior to celiac. I can't imagine having problems if you stay away from the breads, breading and cross contamination. A good tapas place should offer a lot of choices. Have a great trip!

We're traveling next month and would like to know where to eat in Barcelona. We're staying near the cruise-ship docks. Thank you

Hi,

You should probably post this in the gluten free travel section to get more responses.

We are also going to Barcelona in September before we go an a cruise. I have done a bit of research and here is a link to a blog which you may find useful. It also has links to Spanish Celiac society which has a list of restaurants in Barcelona.

http://www.celiacchicks.com/2009/12/gluten-free-spain-barcelona.html

I would be really interested to hear about your trip and your gluten free experiences. We are also staying near the cruise ship terminals (Hostal Barcelona?) I would appreciate it if you could either post on here after you get back or send me a message.

I think that Spain would not be all that difficult - tapas, paella etc. should be gluten free. Make sure you have a translation card which you can get on line to show restaurant staff. The Schar brand of gluten free products is readily available in Europe and it is very good.

Have a wonderful trip.