DebNC84

Chicken Houses - Farming

Rate this topic

My husband and I just bought some chicken houses that hold 20,000 birds each - I have been having skin issues - face and body since i started working in the houses 3 weeks ago. I've been using a face mask for the last week

I am in the process of finding out what exactly is IN the chicken feed that might be causing me issues. Oh.. did I mention i have celiac disease with DH - fun stuff.

wondering if there is anyone out there with similar farming experiences that could help me know what I need to do - as far as what type of mask to use and such. Thank you!

My husband and I just bought some chicken houses that hold 20,000 birds each - I have been having skin issues - face and body since i started working in the houses 3 weeks ago. I've been using a face mask for the last week

I am in the process of finding out what exactly is IN the chicken feed that might be causing me issues. Oh.. did I mention i have celiac disease with DH - fun stuff.

wondering if there is anyone out there with similar farming experiences that could help me know what I need to do - as far as what type of mask to use and such. Thank you!

http://www.immunocapinvitrosight.com/dia_templates/ImmunoCAP/Allergen____28502.aspx

A list of all the allergens from chickens. Maybe you have chicken mites! (ick!) Good luck.

Also, there are people who have a topical reaction to wheat: this is NOT DH, since you get DH only from eating gluten, not being exposed to it on your skin (I"ve asked several high-falutin' doctors about this, and I agree, based on the fact that the antibodies for DH are formed in your gut).

You may be allergic to their feed, you're right. Good luck!

http://www.immunocapinvitrosight.com/dia_templates/ImmunoCAP/Allergen____28502.aspx

A list of all the allergens from chickens. Maybe you have chicken mites! (ick!) Good luck.

Also, there are people who have a topical reaction to wheat: this is NOT DH, since you get DH only from eating gluten, not being exposed to it on your skin (I"ve asked several high-falutin' doctors about this, and I agree, based on the fact that the antibodies for DH are formed in your gut).

You may be allergic to their feed, you're right. Good luck!

well.. I know that I know this is DH - AND i've gotten my first mouth ulcer in three years.. i'm thinking there might be a chance there is a small amount of gluten in the "gluten free" bread i'm buying ... sigh.