Glutenfreenoobie

Best Recipe For Gluten Free Bread Using Bread Machine

Rate this topic

Hi, I have an older bread machine which I want to put in operation. I'm sick of paying over 5$ at Whole Paycheck for tapioca bread. What's your favorite gluten free bread recipe that can be made in a bread machine?

What kind of bread do you like? Some like multigrain & others like plain white. I might add if your bread machine has made wheat bread you may not want to use it for gluten free breads. There is no way to completely clean the cervices around the posts. Another thought is an older machine may not hold up to gluten free baking. It takes a strong machine for gluten free breads.I know several who have purchased new less expensive machines & they died after a few uses, motors blow up

I personally love the ZO. Its a workhorse & has to date lasted me for 6-7 years now.

I love anna's bread mix. Pamela's has a good mix. Sisters Three has a good white bread mix.

Or go to the recipe section & you will find tons. I like Lorka's ( Lori Crater) bread in the recipe section.

good luck

mamaw.

What kind of bread do you like? Some like multigrain & others like plain white. I might add if your bread machine has made wheat bread you may not want to use it for gluten free breads. There is no way to completely clean the cervices around the posts. Another thought is an older machine may not hold up to gluten free baking. It takes a strong machine for gluten free breads.I know several who have purchased new less expensive machines & they died after a few uses, motors blow up

I personally love the ZO. Its a workhorse & has to date lasted me for 6-7 years now.

I love anna's bread mix. Pamela's has a good mix. Sisters Three has a good white bread mix.

Or go to the recipe section & you will find tons. I like Lorka's ( Lori Crater) bread in the recipe section.

good luck

mamaw.

Thanks Mamaw, I'm going to see if I can buy a brand new bread machine on craig's list.

Your very welcome.

So Craig's List has new stuff ? I thought it was used but I didn't really know as I only went on there once for firewood....

Gluten Free food is about 200% more pricey than wheat foods.But again, I don't care to eat poison anymore!!!I'll pay for gluten-free!!!!!

good luck

mamaw

Your very welcome.

So Craig's List has new stuff ? I thought it was used but I didn't really know as I only went on there once for firewood....

Gluten Free food is about 200% more pricey than wheat foods.But again, I don't care to eat poison anymore!!!I'll pay for gluten-free!!!!!

good luck

mamaw

Yes Craig's list does, I just bought something new from Craig's 3 days ago.

You may want to test out your recipes in a oven or microwave first to see if you like the gluten flour mixtures you're using.

Bun in a bowl-

Small batches can be made with one egg and about a half cup to 3/4 cup of gluten free flour mixes, a half teasp to one teasp. of cider vinegar, and a quarter teaspoon of baking soda in the microwave, in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of oil, a dash of salt, and water to make a batter, and it bakes right in the cereal bowl for about 1 minute 25 to 1 minute 45 seconds. Oh, and a little bit of honey or molasses or sweetener, a dab of cocoa powder for color, maybe a pinch of cinnamon.

Then try to get the recipe adapted to the bread machine, if you are not using a pre made mix.

Many of the mixes have bean flours, which some people despise, so they end up making their own mixes. Or they can't tolerate one of the more common gluten-free bread mixes. Pamela's is really good but it has some ingredients that don't work for some people.

You may want to test out your recipes in a oven or microwave first to see if you like the gluten flour mixtures you're using.

Bun in a bowl-

Small batches can be made with one egg and about a half cup to 3/4 cup of gluten free flour mixes, a half teasp to one teasp. of cider vinegar, and a quarter teaspoon of baking soda in the microwave, in a bowl. Add a tablespoon of oil, a dash of salt, and water to make a batter, and it bakes right in the cereal bowl for about 1 minute 25 to 1 minute 45 seconds. Oh, and a little bit of honey or molasses or sweetener, a dab of cocoa powder for color, maybe a pinch of cinnamon.

Then try to get the recipe adapted to the bread machine, if you are not using a pre made mix.

Many of the mixes have bean flours, which some people despise, so they end up making their own mixes. Or they can't tolerate one of the more common gluten-free bread mixes. Pamela's is really good but it has some ingredients that don't work for some people.

Where do I get cheap gluten-free flour mix? I've seen $6 for a small amount of gluten free flour at Wegman's.

Elizabeth Barbone recommends the Zo because it has such a stong powerful motor to handle gluten free breads. On Axxxxx the Zo BBCCX20 is running $215 (it makes a 2 lb. loaf) or the Zo BB-HAC10, which makes a 1-lb loaf, is $190. That's a whole lot of money.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to just buy a really good KitchenAid stand mixer, which would be even more versatile and not be as limited as a bread machine. There should be some good sales on them with Mother's Day/wedding gifts, etc.

Either one will take up a lot of counter space, something I'm sorta lacking. But I am still thinking about it and need to try out some bread recipes to just bake in the oven first. Hopefully they'll be better than that god-awful Ener-G Brown Rice Loaf I bought yesterday!!!

A bread maker & a kitchen aid stand mixer are both very good to have in your kitchen. When birthdays & Christmas rolls around I always asked for new appliances! The bread maker is wonderful for when you are short on time . Also it came in hady for my husband when I was ill , to be able to make a gluten-free bread mix fairly easy....kids can even master the bread machine & a gluten-free mix.

The kitchen aid will perform more tasks. So I'm loving both ....

Both are big investments but both the Zo & a Kitchen Aid will last or outlast many cheaper brands....

blessings

mamaw