ChemistMama

gluten-free In Downtown Minneapolis

Rate this topic

Reposted from the Restaurants thread:

I'll be going to a conference this summer and staying near the convention center in downtown Minneapolis. Any suggestions for places to eat? I've found the local celiac support chapter's website and found a 3 year old list here: http://www.celiac.co...-downtown-mpls/ but would like some updated info. Can anyone help? I"ll be driving, so I'll be able to bring things with me, but as you all know, going out is a challenge! Thanks!

Reposted from the Restaurants thread:

I'll be going to a conference this summer and staying near the convention center in downtown Minneapolis. Any suggestions for places to eat? I've found the local celiac support chapter's website and found a 3 year old list here: http://www.celiac.co...-downtown-mpls/ but would like some updated info. Can anyone help? I"ll be driving, so I'll be able to bring things with me, but as you all know, going out is a challenge! Thanks!

There are so many good options in the area, especially if you have a car. First of all, Pizza Luce will be just a mile and a half from you and they have an amazing gluten free menu. They used to serve gluten-free only Tues and Wed but recently expanded to every day. They are at 119 N 4th St.

Brasa is another excellent choice. It is about 2 miles from the convention center at 600 E Hennepin.

If you want to drive into Uptown, Chiang Mai Thai is in Calhoun Square. It's at 3001 Hennepin Ave S

The Wedge Co-op is also in Uptown, on Lyndale Av. It is a very large store and they even have gluten-free bakery counter selections.

Fogo de Chao is a Brazilian Steakhouse at 645 Hennepin Av. I haven't been there yet but I understand a large portion of the menu is gluten free. It is on the expensive side but people I have talked to really seem to enjoy it.

There is a Jimmy Johns in the area, I often get an Unwhich. They deliver which is nice. There is also Chipotle and Noodles & Co. which are both gluten-free friendly.

This is what I can think of within a few miles. If you want more options in the suburbs, let me know!

Thanks much for the info! I won't have access to a car, but these give me a great place to start. I have a feeling I'll be at chipotle a lot that week. :)