Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

concernedmamma

How To Handle Playdough In The Classroom?

I have always sent Moon Sand in with my son with celiac disease. That way I knew he was able to be included in the activities with everyone else. I did, however, speak with my sons gastroenterologist yesterday who told me that I shouldn't worry about skin contact with wheat/gluten containing products. I'm bothered by that because we have spent the last 6 years obsessivly making sure that his personal care items and school craft items are not wheat/gluten based. The medical comminity frustrates us with this disease sometimes.

Gluten isn't absorbed through the skin. That would be why the GI said that. That said, I know my DS is a finger sucker and ALWAYS had his fingers in his mouth. THAT is where the issue would be, actual ingestion from things like finger/thumb sucking, girls with long hair sucking on it. Hygiene to a 6 yo isn't the same as with us! lol

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I have used Bio-K.  It is certified gluten-free and was recommended by my now retired doctor.  It can be found at my local health food store market.   https://www.biokplus.com/en_us/products  
    Hi all, Does anyone know of or wish to start a support group in Bergen County, NJ?  Or are there any members in Bergen Co who would just like to get together now and then and support each other in person?  
    I have also had hallucinations.  Not very many.  But decades ago, during my teenage years (horribly sick but had not been diagnosed with Celiac so I was actively eating gluten all day every day), I hallucinated once or twice.  I never told an...