Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mac55

Daiya Cheese!

We were at the Health Food Store last week and I asked about a cheese that was gluten, dairy and soy-free. She said they had just ordered some called Daiya and would call when it came in. The store called the other day, so I went and got it. I used it for the first time today and it was pretty good!! I made grilled cheese. Used Kinnikinnick Brown Bread and Daiya Cheddar. The boys loved it and I have to say it satisfied a craving I've had for a while! Now I have to get some more pizza crust, so I can try the mozzarella!

Diagnosed with Celiac through blood work Feb 2010

Gluten-free/dairy-free Feb 2010

Mom to 2 gluten sensitive boys

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

What's it made of? Their site doesn't list ingredients. I have restrictions that go beyond dairy and soy and it would be nice to have some kind of "cheese" again.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

I heard the ingredient list wasn't on the website. I saw on Facebook that they'll be adding that soon. Happy to report, no ill effects from eating it yesterday!!

Ingredients:

Filtered water

Tapioca and/or flours

Non-GMO expeller pressed canola and/or non-GMO expeller pressed safflower oil

Coconut oil

Pea protein

Salt

Vegan natural flavors

Vegetable glycerin

Sunflower lecithin

Calcium citrate

Xanthan gum

Citric acid (for flavor)

Vegan bacterial cultures

Diagnosed with Celiac through blood work Feb 2010

Gluten-free/dairy-free Feb 2010

Mom to 2 gluten sensitive boys

I had it on a pizza last night. Not bad. Not the same as regular mozzarella, but it'll do. :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Ok so I just bought some. Made nachos. It's REALLY salty. Smells fantastic, but you can't use salty chips if you're making nachos. It just overpowers you.

That said though, the stuff is fantastic. Smells greatttt and I love it. <3 YAYYYY.

I LOVE this cheese!! It's the best vegan cheese ever!

Debilitating tendonitis in both arms in 2003, at age 23, declared "permanent and stationary" by workman's comp doctors.

Fibromyalgia diagnosis in 2010.

Mild hyperthyroidism diagnosis 2011.

Disc Degeneration diagnosis 2012.

Life long battle with hypoglycemia.

Gluten Free since 2010. On Paleo-type diet since May 2011.

Suffered years of brain fog, back spasms, nausea, and recurring connective tissue pain and injuries. After years of misdiagnosis, I did my own elimination diet and discovered a severe reaction to wheat gluten and casein. After going on a grain free, nightshade free, Paleo-ish diet, my symptoms are nearly gone, and I FINALLY KICKED THE BRAIN FOG!

Cheers to health! <3