Mac55

Daiya Cheese!

Rate this topic

We were at the Health Food Store last week and I asked about a cheese that was gluten, dairy and soy-free. She said they had just ordered some called Daiya and would call when it came in. The store called the other day, so I went and got it. I used it for the first time today and it was pretty good!! I made grilled cheese. Used Kinnikinnick Brown Bread and Daiya Cheddar. The boys loved it and I have to say it satisfied a craving I've had for a while! Now I have to get some more pizza crust, so I can try the mozzarella!

What's it made of? Their site doesn't list ingredients. I have restrictions that go beyond dairy and soy and it would be nice to have some kind of "cheese" again.

I heard the ingredient list wasn't on the website. I saw on Facebook that they'll be adding that soon. Happy to report, no ill effects from eating it yesterday!!

Ingredients:

Filtered water

Tapioca and/or flours

Non-GMO expeller pressed canola and/or non-GMO expeller pressed safflower oil

Coconut oil

Pea protein

Salt

Vegan natural flavors

Vegetable glycerin

Sunflower lecithin

Calcium citrate

Xanthan gum

Citric acid (for flavor)

Vegan bacterial cultures

DAIYA IS SOY FREE? I thought it had soy! OH YAYYYY! :D

I had it on a pizza last night. Not bad. Not the same as regular mozzarella, but it'll do. :)

Ok so I just bought some. Made nachos. It's REALLY salty. Smells fantastic, but you can't use salty chips if you're making nachos. It just overpowers you.

That said though, the stuff is fantastic. Smells greatttt and I love it. <3 YAYYYY.

What's the nutritional breakdown? (I'm thinking calories/protein/fat/carbs.) Thanks!

Jeanne

I LOVE this cheese!! It's the best vegan cheese ever!