detritus

Baking Powder-Gluten Free?

Rate this topic

Hi, I was just reading a recipe, and it mentioned "gluten-free" baking powder. I rushed to my 365 whole foods brand baking powder that I've been using, and it doesn't say gluten free, but the only ingredients are cornstarch, monocalcium phosphate and baking soda. I've been feeling off and trying to pinpoint what is glutening me-could it be this? What is the difference between this product and the gluten-free version? Their offices are closed on the weekend (of course) so I can't contact them directly to find out. Help please!

Looked at the website for the company that makes these brands: Clabber Girl, Rumsford, Davis & Hearth Club. They all say gluten-free.

I've seen recipes that say gluten-free vanilla, too. But all the real vanilla I've found is gluten-free. Maybe the imitation isn't?

Yeah, I hate it when recipes throw that gluten-free stuff at you when you've already checked all the labels for everything you use and are sure it couldn't have gluten. Makes you doubt yourself because you've never see one that did have it :blink::unsure: