Coleslawcat

Anyone Know About Paradise Bakery?

Rate this topic

I realize there is very little at Paradise Bakery that might be gluten free, but I have always loved the Chopped BBQ Chicken Salad and when I think about what's in it, it seems pretty likely it could be safe, so long as I can verify the BBQ sauce and the ranch dressing are ok. Has anyone looked into this or seen a gluten-free menu for Paradise Bakery? I sent them an email but no idea how long it will be before I hear back.

I realize there is very little at Paradise Bakery that might be gluten free, but I have always loved the Chopped BBQ Chicken Salad and when I think about what's in it, it seems pretty likely it could be safe, so long as I can verify the BBQ sauce and the ranch dressing are ok. Has anyone looked into this or seen a gluten-free menu for Paradise Bakery? I sent them an email but no idea how long it will be before I hear back.

Here is a link to the chopped BBQ chicken salad ingredients: http://www.paradisebakery.com/menu_nutritional_information.php?mi=21

Here is a link to the full menu of salads:

http://www.paradisebakery.com/menu_street_salads.php

Beware that *some* salads indicate wheat, but it is only from the croutons, not any other ingredients (such as the Caesar). BBQ Chopped Chix Salad does appear to be safe, and hubby has eaten at Paradise with some success.

You will want to have them change their gloves and I often ask them to use greens from the kitchen rather than the serving line because of potential crouton-ation. Also, hubby did find a noodle in his salad once because it was buried in the lettuce bin. It also may help to ask for a manager's help in preparing your salad if there are any language barrier issues.