gary'sgirl

Has Anyone Else Been Diagnosed With Lupus?

Rate this topic

I was just wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with Lupus since going gluten free.

Also, I just talked to the receptionist at my neurologists office about the blood work that he ordered for me, and she said it came back "borderline" for Lupus. Does anyone know what that means?

I was just wondering if anyone else has been diagnosed with Lupus since going gluten free.

Also, I just talked to the receptionist at my neurologists office about the blood work that he ordered for me, and she said it came back "borderline" for Lupus. Does anyone know what that means?

I received a borderline lupus result before being gluten free. Don't remember all the details but I did have a positive ANA but something else was borderline negative, sorry I can't be more specific. They were also not able to rule out crohn's disease. I was told that I have genetic markers for auto-immune diseases. My mother and sister both (HLA)-DQ2 and primary immune deficient. I have nether (HLA)-DQ2 or DQ8, labeled gluten intolerant. I make most auto-immune tests inconclusive!

I met a lady yesterday that tested positive for Lupus years ago, but never developed any symptoms. I wonder if that would be similar in any way.

I received a borderline lupus result before being gluten free. Don't remember all the details but I did have a positive ANA but something else was borderline negative, sorry I can't be more specific. They were also not able to rule out crohn's disease. I was told that I have genetic markers for auto-immune diseases. My mother and sister both (HLA)-DQ2 and primary immune deficient. I have nether (HLA)-DQ2 or DQ8, labeled gluten intolerant. I make most auto-immune tests inconclusive!

Have you been tested again for Lupus since going gluten free? Do you know what the ANA is? I don't even know what exactly they test when they are looking for Lupus.

I met a lady yesterday that tested positive for Lupus years ago, but never developed any symptoms. I wonder if that would be similar in any way.

Did she say why they tested her if she didn't have symptoms yet? That's a little curious. Maybe she had a parent with the disease. :huh:

My doc just tested me for lupus but haven't gotten the results yet. I have RA and Sjogren's (ie, dry eyes) and show some Raynaud's symptoms (ie, extremely cold hands). He said I have some lupus like symptoms that were evident in my hands (puffy, swollen) and face (red butterfly rash). I don't know much about lupus or how it differs from RA.