FranDaMan

Frankenmuth Anyone?

Rate this topic

I've read a few posts about Frankenmuth but most are a bit dated. So, now that I can no longer just eat and drink to my heart's content I'm wondering if anyone has more recent experience there?

My wife and I had the privilege of visiting Germany and Austria a few years ago in my pre-celiac days and will be going from Rochester, NY to Green Bay and realized a slight adjustment in our travels would put us in Bavaria!

Any information would be appreciated.

I've read a few posts about Frankenmuth but most are a bit dated. So, now that I can no longer just eat and drink to my heart's content I'm wondering if anyone has more recent experience there?

My wife and I had the privilege of visiting Germany and Austria a few years ago in my pre-celiac days and will be going from Rochester, NY to Green Bay and realized a slight adjustment in our travels would put us in Bavaria!

Any information would be appreciated.

I went to the Bavarian Inn last winter and had a great experience. I asked for the Gluten free menu right when we got to the host station. They showed us to our table and then the manager or chef came out. The waitress was extremely careful and they did all the little things right. I forget the whole experience, but I remember that was the safest I've felt dining out since going gluten-free 2 years ago. There are also a couple little shops around town that advertize gluten free items, but we didn't go in because we were with a 2 year old on the move. Have fun!