steveindenver

Downtown Detroit Area Suggestions?

Rate this topic

I'm headed to Detroit burbs later this month and definitely will hit up gluten-free Cucina's. Anyone have suggestions for downtown area, near Fisher Theater? We're going there one night for a show. I emailed the Tri County Celiacs President and got no help whatsoever (basically was told about gluten-free Cucina's and then told to Google Gluten Free Detroit restaurants, as if I couldn't figure that out myself.). But that search leaves nothing so I am turning to my fellow gluten free friends here - any suggestions? Someone said The Majestic Cafe - menu looks like it could accommodate. Anything else? Thanks!

I'm headed to Detroit burbs later this month and definitely will hit up gluten-free Cucina's. Anyone have suggestions for downtown area, near Fisher Theater? We're going there one night for a show. I emailed the Tri County Celiacs President and got no help whatsoever (basically was told about gluten-free Cucina's and then told to Google Gluten Free Detroit restaurants, as if I couldn't figure that out myself.). But that search leaves nothing so I am turning to my fellow gluten free friends here - any suggestions? Someone said The Majestic Cafe - menu looks like it could accommodate. Anything else? Thanks!

Hmmm, not a lot that I'm aware of as far as dining options in that area. If you're looking for something a little on the nicer side for dinner, and you have a car, I recommend Andiamo's, in the GM Rennaissance Center on the Detroit River:

http://www.andiamoitalia.com/detroit/index.html

They have a gluten free menu (you want the "lean" menu"). From the Fisher, it's about 10 mins. away on The Lodge freeway (MI-10).

Something else you may want to try (although I don't know if there is one near the Fisher) is Buddy's Pizza. They recently started offering a gluten free pizza.

You mentioned you're going to be out in the suburbs - there's a few more options out there:

Bonefish Grill, Carraba's, Chili's, Outback, etc.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck, and enjoy the show!