srfjeld

Dh And Celiac

Rate this topic

On Friday I got results back from a stool and saliva GI test I took through my Naturopath. She told me I scored so high against Wheat/gluten that she's almost positive that I have Celiac disease. She said the Celiac test is a pain in the rear and that I should just go about life as if I do... definitely staying away from gluten for life. Then, on Saturday I was doing some digging on the Internet and saw this DH. I've been getting a herpes-like rash on my lower back upper buttocks for the last 15 years. A doctor who "looked" at it once told me it "looked" like herpes to her so I always assumed that she was right (she is a doctor after all - ha ha). But, I now know, test or no test that what I have is DH. I was wondering your opinion about whether one means I have the other. I ran across a site that says "if you have DH, you are a Celiac" and another that said DH is a form of Celiac disease I wanted to see if anyone else has heard that. Anyone?

Thank you,

Stephanie

On Friday I got results back from a stool and saliva GI test I took through my Naturopath. She told me I scored so high against Wheat/gluten that she's almost positive that I have Celiac disease. She said the Celiac test is a pain in the rear and that I should just go about life as if I do... definitely staying away from gluten for life. Then, on Saturday I was doing some digging on the Internet and saw this DH. I've been getting a herpes-like rash on my lower back upper buttocks for the last 15 years. A doctor who "looked" at it once told me it "looked" like herpes to her so I always assumed that she was right (she is a doctor after all - ha ha). But, I now know, test or no test that what I have is DH. I was wondering your opinion about whether one means I have the other. I ran across a site that says "if you have DH, you are a Celiac" and another that said DH is a form of Celiac disease I wanted to see if anyone else has heard that. Anyone?

Thank you,

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, it it is true --if you have DH you have celiac. Its just another way fo r the body to react and the toxins to get out.

By the way, if you want a definite diagnosis--its easier to get the DH diagnosed since the pustules are right there obvious on the skin. They have a way of finding out if its really DH or not. You might want to check into it if you are curious or for some other reason need to prove the authenticity of your condition.

Bea

Thank you, that's what I had thought but I wanted to make sure. I'll see if I have another flare up after going gluten free and possibly ask my doc to test me.