Genna'smom

Gluten Free Kids And Seizures

Rate this topic

Can someone please tell me if anyone has a child who has some kind of seizures as part of being gluten free. My daughter gets very upset about things and I thought she was just passing out but now she also loses control of her bladder when this happens - just wondering any advice anyone can give....

My girl does not have seizures. But, since going gluten free 3 wks ago she is more prone to crying or angry outbursts. She also has a large amount of stool in her colon due to celiac disease that we are treating with M.O.M. that causes her to have slips of # 1 and 2.

good luck

I can just offer compassion. I have a sister with celiac disease(unofficial DX) and seizures. She doesn't have clear ans. either. I have a lifelong history of fainting-can remember doing so as young as first grade, esp. in certain stressful situations and didn't actually but felt as if I would lose bladder control while I was out, when I was at my sickest, before gluten-free. No clear reasons why I faint. I've had some tests. BP gets very low and is slow to get back up. Clean bill of health from cardologist. Vasovagal DX. Have diabetes DX now so low BG may be a factor as well but not confirmed to be one.