andiewilson10

gluten-free Bread Makers

Rate this topic

what bread maker do you suggest? bready seems like it does all the work for you with limited cleaning but there are only a few bread choices... and the others.... WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!

what bread maker do you suggest? bready seems like it does all the work for you with limited cleaning but there are only a few bread choices... and the others.... WHAT SHOULD I DO!?!?!

I finally took the plunge and purchased a Zojirushi BBCCX20.I have been thinking about it for about a year....it's expensive $200. Have not had a chance to try it out yet....it arrived late in the day yesterday, and we had a 3 hour electrical outage!!

I have an assortment of bread makers...about 4 at last count, and will donate them all to the Goodwill except 1, which will be my husband's machine. There's no reason why you can't use an inexpensive bread machine....I have an Oster, Chefmate, Zo (old one) and Homebaker, or something like that.....all purchased almost new at thrift stores. I've used all of them to make gluten free bread with OK results. Am still looking for the perfect recipe that suits my taste, and am coming close to that. None of my previous machines would allow me to choose just 1 rise. Often I would use the machine to just mix the dough, and then pop it into a loaf pan, let it rise, then into the oven. I had so many machines because 2 were left on the motorhome,2 at home. I prefer the removable kneading blade, which I remove ....when I remember!

I think Friday will be the day I try out the Zojirushi...would like to try adding some Expandex to a recipe, and have not decided which one to use yet.

I think Friday will be the day I try out the Zojirushi...would like to try adding some Expandex to a recipe, and have not decided which one to use yet.

Ginsou, I have the same Zoji and I **love** it!!

It's easy to program and you are going to use the Memory cycle almost exclusively unless you do cakes. This way you can set a certain number of minutes to preheat, knead, rise (rise 3 only) and bake. And off you go. You are going to love it.

As for the Expandex, though, it has been suggested to me by someone who is better at baking that I am, that it doesn't work all that well in the bread machine and that you are best off using Expandex in combination with a regular oven. But if you experiment, please let me know how it went. The only loaf I made with Expandex in the bread machine collapsed in the middle though it did bake through. And the texture was most def. more spongy.

~Allison