fakename

Non-Bovine Gelatin?

Rate this topic

I was wondering that if it isn't from cows, then what is it from vegetables (wheat)?

thanks for helping me out.

Gelatin is made from animal tissue, not vegetables. If it is non-bovine in origin, it is most likely to be porcine. There are religious and cultural issues for some people, but it is gluten-free.

Gelatin is made from animal tissue, not vegetables. If it is non-bovine in origin, it is most likely to be porcine. There are religious and cultural issues for some people, but it is gluten-free.

You can also use agar-agar as a vegetarian/vegan replacement for gelatin. It is extracted from seaweed and does the same thing.

It's more expensive than gelatin though.

I tested intolerant to beef and haven't challenged it yet. Do you know if gelatin would be a problem with a beef intolerance? I've tried to stay away from nutritional supplements that have gelatin, but it is difficult to find certain supplements that don't contain it.

I don't know if a beef intolerance would extend to gelatin. Gelatin is made from connective tissue (collagen) found in cartilage and skin. It is not derived from the meat we mean when we commonly speak of "beef."