Benshell

Gluten Free Cruise Vacation?

Rate this topic

We're thinking of taking our first vacation since our 6 1/2 daughter was diagnosed with celiac. In the past, cruising has been a great option for us and we all love it, but have never done it with her being gluten free. I've heard some wonderful things about cruise lines catering to people with special diets...but I've also heard some horror stories as well. And as we all know, the last thing we want is our daughter sick from being "glutened" while stuck on a ship in the middle of the ocean.

Can anyone recommend a good cruise line/vacation that would also offer a gluten free meal geared to children? We're not completely set on a cruise, our minds are open (we're close to the NYC area)

FYI - if we cruise, we would be going out of NY/NJ, so disney does not go out from there. We've done the disney world thing already, so thats out.

thanks.

Check into Disney cruises. Disney does a great job of keeping those of us with food issues safe & well fed. Go to the website & look for contact info then email them. The parks go above & beyond to keep us safe from contamination & you wouldn't believe some of the amazing, wonderful foods they serve. I not only have Celiac but also several food allergies and they did an amazing job keeping me fed & free of contamination.

Besides what 6 year old wouldn't love to cruise with Mickey? ;-)

Oops, sorry I just saw the part where you aren't interested in Disney cruises. I'm on my phone & it scrolled too far.

I'd google gluten free vacations. I've seen ads for gluten-free cruises in the back of some of the gluten free magazines.

Myself and 2 children have celiac. We live in Florida and love cruise vacations over most others due to the fact that all cruise lines are fabulous with our eating needs. You must speak to the matre d when you first get on board and usually they will assign a hostess in the dining room to your very need. You order separately and they are fantastic with meeting your needs. They even have items like gluten-free pancakes and some have pizza!! You must eat in te dining room at every meal, so forget the Lido deck. Good luck, now you can relax and worry about other things, like sunscreen. :)