momtok&m

Can I Use Nearly Normal Flour Mix For Cupcakes?

Rate this topic

My having my daughter's birthday party this weekend and plan on making 2 cakes and cupcakes. The cupcakes will be gluten free and I may make 1 cake gluten-free too. I always bake cakes from scratch but I'm not very confident about gluten-free cakes. I keep the Nearly Normal flour mix (I mix my own) in the kitchen, do I substitute it cup-for-cup for regular flour?

Also, I see a lot on here about frosting. I always use buttercream frosting, do some contain gluten?

You should be able to use your alternative flour without any issue. I've done that with all my recipes and been pleasantly surprised by how easy it was. I use Tom Sawyers.

Watch your frostings -- obviously if they have cookie crumbles in them, they are a no go. Apparently some can be an issue, though I've never had a problem. I like to make own frosting, too, though. :)

You should be able to use your alternative flour without any issue. I've done that with all my recipes and been pleasantly surprised by how easy it was. I use Tom Sawyers.

Watch your frostings -- obviously if they have cookie crumbles in them, they are a no go. Apparently some can be an issue, though I've never had a problem. I like to make own frosting, too, though. :)

I'm gluten,dairy and soy intolerant, so I have to make my own frosting....never had a problem.