Sarah2889

celiac disease Symptom Or Pregnancy

Rate this topic

I was just diagnoised with celiac disease 2 weeks ago. I haven't started a gluten free diet yet because I am still have to get the endoscopy biopsy( this Friday)

I normaly have 34 days between my periods so even by my standards I am a little late.

I just don't know if I am having. celiac disease or prego syptoms.

Because I am in treated i always feel tired. I am starting to feel nausious after meals but I know that could be celiac disease

I am having cramps like I am about to get my period that are a little stronger when I streatch or sneeze.

I have never been pregnant before and I looked online at the symptoms and I feel like I could have all that from the celiac disease.

( late period, nausious, tired ect) the only reason why I think I am is my breast are very tender.

Is there anyway to tell the diffrence between celiac disease and prego symptoms?

Thanks in advance. Sorry I am new to all this!

I was just diagnoised with celiac disease 2 weeks ago. I haven't started a gluten free diet yet because I am still have to get the endoscopy biopsy( this Friday)

I normaly have 34 days between my periods so even by my standards I am a little late.

I just don't know if I am having. celiac disease or prego syptoms.

Because I am in treated i always feel tired. I am starting to feel nausious after meals but I know that could be celiac disease

I am having cramps like I am about to get my period that are a little stronger when I streatch or sneeze.

I have never been pregnant before and I looked online at the symptoms and I feel like I could have all that from the celiac disease.

( late period, nausious, tired ect) the only reason why I think I am is my breast are very tender.

Is there anyway to tell the diffrence between celiac disease and prego symptoms?

Thanks in advance. Sorry I am new to all this!

Well there's a super easy way to find out... you may have to wait for the endo this weekend, but you can pee on a stick today!!

Yep, the symptoms overlap. Nausea didn't set in significantly until the third week or so, but there was some. Definitely more fatigue, and definitely that slight, period like cramping. Pee on a stick, have your answer today! :)

I had all of these symptoms during my celiac diagnosis 6 years ago and when finding out about my pregnancy 8 months ago. The stress on your body of knowing what's going on and what's coming up this week could definitely delay your period. I would take a pregnancy test today and another on the morning that you're supposed to go in (just in case it was too early to produce a positive test)--you don't want to mess with the medications and things if you are pregnant, but it's likely that celiac disease could be accounting for all of your symptoms too.

I am currently 20 weeks pregnant and my nausea didnt kick in until i was about a week and a half/two weeks late for my period. And even then, the nausea was helped when i had a little something to eat. My first main symptom was extremely tired, like fall asleep with the tv on, light on, husband talking to me all at the same time tired. I agree with everyone, take the test so that you know.

Thanks for the advice ladies!

I am not pregnant! Which is good because I wanted to get healthy before I tried to have children!

Thanks for the support