This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Blueberry Muffins

Guest vetnurse

Guest vetnurse

I am new to being Gluten Free and was wondering if anyone had a recipe for Blueberry Muffins?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

jmengert Enthusiast

If you have Pamela's Baking Mix at a store near you, I use her mix (the recipe for the muffins is on the bag). You can make any kind of muffins with that recipe, and they are very good--to me, they taste as good as non-gluten-free muffins.

I've also ordered blueberry muffins from Kinnikinnick that are pretty good if you'd rather not cook.

tarnalberry Community Regular

Yep, that mix makes good blueberry muffins. (I can't have it any more - dairy - but I still liked 'em.)

• 1 month later...
rma451 Newbie

hi,

this is my recipe from before my celiac disease days that I converted. we love it and it turns out nice and lasts about 3 days if they are still around that is,lol.

blueberry muffins

1/2 cup brown rice flour

1/2 cup white rice flour

2/3 cup sweet rice flour

1/3 cup potato starch flour ( plus 2 tablespoons potato flour)

1/3 cup oil

1/2 cup organic sugar

3 eggs separate

2/3 cup buttermilk

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 cup blueberries( I use wymans Gluten-free frozen)

sift flours , baking powder ,soda.

beat yolks and sugar till light fluffy, then add oil

beat whites,

add flour mix to egg mix fold in whites then blueberries

only till mixed do not want to break down air from whites and yolk and sugar mixture

bake 375* in greased muffin tins 2/3 full for 20 mins or till golden depends your oven

MY family loves these and they raise and look exactly like the original ones

good luck and enjoy

any problems my e-mail is arose1951@aol.com will be happy to answer any problems , if need

tarnalberry Community Regular

That's a good point - I haven't had any problem converting muffin recipes to gluten-free from non-gluten-free recipes. I tend to use flours other than rice and potato, which might make a difference, but I haven't had any dismal failures. (My favorite combinations of flour include a bit of soy, sorgum, and another fine flour.)

Jnkmnky Collaborator

Foods by George makes a blueberry muffin that's good....toasted, of course. ;)

Archived