ellie1202

Best Cake Recipe

Rate this topic

One of my best friends was recently diagnosed with celiac disease. I'm surprising her for her birthday with a few friends. I have about a month to test recipes out for a gluten free birthday cake. I've done some research online and found a few recipes, but I was wondering if any of you have recipes to share? What is your favorite birthday cake OR dessert to make that is gluten free? She LOVES chocolate so anything with chocolate will definitely be a big hit. Thanks so much for the advice!!

One of my best friends was recently diagnosed with celiac disease. I'm surprising her for her birthday with a few friends. I have about a month to test recipes out for a gluten free birthday cake. I've done some research online and found a few recipes, but I was wondering if any of you have recipes to share? What is your favorite birthday cake OR dessert to make that is gluten free? She LOVES chocolate so anything with chocolate will definitely be a big hit. Thanks so much for the advice!!

Gluten Free WF Lemon Cake

Gluten Free WF Chocolate Cake

Gluten Free WF Lemon Polenta & Ground Almond Cake

Gluten Free WF DF EASY CORN STARCH SPONGE CAKE

Gluten Free WF Chocolate Cake 'To Die For'

Just a few suggestions, others will post plenty more.

Best Regards,

David

Did you say chocolate?

http://www.recipezaar.com/209764

I love this cake and I am not gluten-free. Makes a square pan. I add 3/4 cup choc or pb chips. Its easy too! One bowl!

I have a great chocolate zucchini cake receipe it always comes out moist. Even the gluten eaters in my family cant tell the difference.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake Recipe

Ingredients

2 1/2 cups gluten free flour mix (of your choice)

1/2 cup cocoa

2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

3/4 cup soft butter

2 cups sugar

3 eggs

2 teaspoons vanilla

2 teaspoons grated orange peel

2 cups coarsely shredded zucchini

1/2 cup milk

1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Glaze (directions follow)

Method

Preheat the oven to 350

thanks guys for the recipes! :) can't wait to try them out. the zuchinni cake sounds great, i've had brownies made with zuchinni before, and i agree you definitely couldn't tell the difference.

The recipe zaar one bowl chocolate cake is really good. It's an old recipe that goes by a lot of different names, the Amish call it "whacky cake" and it was in the old "I hate to cook" book. It converts easily just by using a gluten free flour mix with some xanthan gum. As the notes say, with some flours you can cut down the xanthan gum and it still doesn't crumble. The original recipe with regular flour does not have an egg, and still works, the moisture comes from the oil and leaving out the dairy, which can toughen baked goods.