Rate this topic

I used to drink Van Houtte vanilla flavored coffee at home before my celiac diagnosis two years ago. I now only drink unflavored coffee because I have read so many posts about avoiding flavoring - but I really miss the vanilla flavor.

Can anyone recommend a mainstream brand of flavored coffee that does not give them any problems? Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view point) I do not get symptoms when glutened so I cannot go on my body's response to a product to determine if it is safe or not.

I live in Canada so need brands which would also be available here.

Hope someone can help.

I drink Van Houtte vanilla coffee and never had an issue. Here is some information:

http://www.vanhoutte.com/en/about_coffee/nutritional/

Green Mountain is also fantastic and all their coffees are gluten free.

If you're very concerned you could drink unflavored coffee but buy a flavored creamer. I use So Delicious Coconut Milk creamer and they have a vanilla flavor. They're gluten free.

Thank you for the reply - that was helpful. I read Van Houtte's website as you suggested and I have another question. Do you think the last sentence about not recommending their flavored coffees to gluten-sensitive individuals is just them covering themselves? On one hand they seem to be saying the coffees are gluten-free, and on the other, not recommending them. Boy, it gets so confusing and frustrating! Any thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks.

I wanted to share some information I got from the "Don Francisco" coffee company. They make several flavored coffees that come already ground, in a can.

Thank you for expressing an interest in Don Francisco