sa1937

Ener-G Xanthan Gum

Rate this topic

A couple of years or so ago, I bought a package of Ener-G Xanthan Gum to make cookies, which I baked for a friend who had celiac disease. This was long before I was diagnosed with celiac.

Does this product have a shelf life after which it should be replaced (expensive as it is)? I have it stored in an airtight container in my cabinet. It look fine, smells fine, etc. I saved the original packaging and nothing is indicated as to an expiration date. Any ideas?

A couple of years or so ago, I bought a package of Ener-G Xanthan Gum to make cookies, which I baked for a friend who had celiac disease. This was long before I was diagnosed with celiac.

Does this product have a shelf life after which it should be replaced (expensive as it is)? I have it stored in an airtight container in my cabinet. It look fine, smells fine, etc. I saved the original packaging and nothing is indicated as to an expiration date. Any ideas?

I use this too. I don't know about the shelf life--I'm only on my second bag, and I've been baking gluten-free for 5 years. I just keep it well sealed and it's been fine. If it looks and smells fine, I'd go ahead and use it :)

Thanks, jerseyangel! I'll keep using it then, and of course, it'll get used up a lot faster now that I'm gluten free.