Rate this topic

hi. i'm wondering if anyone has this kind of problem. i have 3 toddler kids, all gluten intolerant, who all don't sleep well if the temperature of their room isn't 'just right.' that is, me and my husband can sleep in the room that's about 70 degrees but the kids can't sleep in the same room because they are uncomfortable. they seem to be extremely temperature sensitive and it seems they are unable to have their bodies adjust to the room temperature well. for example, last night our house temp was 69, but they all woke up cranky as all hell saying they were 'too hot.' but my husband and i were fine. does anyone have this experience? ??? my nights are not easy trying to adjust to their body temperature.

thanks in advance!

I have wondered about this myself. My 9 year old doesn't have the problem with sleeping, but is very sensitive to anything hot. Her showers would make me shiver and any hot drinks need to be cooled down to tepid or else she complains they are too hot. Not sure if it is a celiac thing or just extra sensitive skin.

Well, I do know children without gluten problems who are this sensitive to temperature, but it does seem curious that all three are having an issue.

However, thyroid issues might apply - they can make the temperature regulation out of wack.

Also, allergies, intolerances, and sensitivities to food could cause issues, too. I've been finding out that for some of the intolerances, it can interfere with how your body absorbs tryptophan. Which means that emotions and sleep are out of wack the next couple of days as your body can't make enough seratonin and melatonin.

We never realized our kids had food issues, but after going gluten free, we found out that there were a few more hiding in there too - only realized after a food log. When my daughter gets her bad foods, she always has a hard time sleeping, and the temperature tends to be one of the things that really bugs her as she can't get to sleep.

Don't know if that applies, but since they have one intolerance, it might very well be they have some milder ones that are simply causing just enough damage to affect mood, but not the gut, eh?

good luck!

hi. i'm wondering if anyone has this kind of problem. i have 3 toddler kids, all gluten intolerant, who all don't sleep well if the temperature of their room isn't 'just right.' that is, me and my husband can sleep in the room that's about 70 degrees but the kids can't sleep in the same room because they are uncomfortable. they seem to be extremely temperature sensitive and it seems they are unable to have their bodies adjust to the room temperature well. for example, last night our house temp was 69, but they all woke up cranky as all hell saying they were 'too hot.' but my husband and i were fine. does anyone have this experience? ??? my nights are not easy trying to adjust to their body temperature.

thanks in advance!