melblondin

Celiac Bloodwork False Neg.?

Rate this topic

Wsa your celiac bloodwork false negative?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you with a celiac diagnosis had false negative bloodwork?

• Yes, my bloodwork was false negative
    • No, my bloodwork was positive

Just really curious to see how often celiac serum screening is false negative.

Mine appear negative so far but I can bet any doctor $1,000 that I have celiac. Which other disease shares as many as 30 symptoms with celiac?

Yet TBD-- but one round of negative bloodwork with negative biopsy. Round two of bloodwork (IgG based, with a total IgA not done previously) pending, along with allergy testing.

I'll be happy if it's not celiac, but really unhappy if it's something worse (that just happens to be responding to a gluten/lactose free diet). Diet seems to be a great long-term idea, but I'd like to know whether this is a permanent never ever any gluten be obsessive condition, or a don't eat wheat but barley is just fine condition.

My question is how long did people have symptoms prior to bloodwork and biopsies? I didn't have it for very long, and so the GI said there may just not be much intestinal damage yet.

My first blood test showed I had elevated alpha gliadin but a negative tissue transglutaminase. I think that my villi were so flattened I just was not able to show any tissue transglutaminase which is released from the villi when they are being destroyed. The stool tests are much more sensitive than the blood tests.

Just really curious to see how often celiac serum screening is false negative.

My blood work was a false neg, I did a stool test and that showed me pos for celiac.