twe0708

Rubberbands For Braces

Rate this topic

I just started wearing rubber bands for my braces, does anyone know if these rubber bands are gluten free? I read somewhere that some people get sores in their mouth and I seem to get them on one side of my tongue. You can't see them and there is only one and it feels like a cut or canker sore. It keeps coming and going so not sure if I am getting gluten-ed here and there. Anyone else have this problem?

Sometimes the sores can come just from the braces rubbing, be sure to mention it to your doctor. I doubt that the elastics have anything on them but you could rinse them under water before putting them in and see if it helps.

i have not worn braces in years but i do remember getting sores around wear the bands connect and also if the band is rubbing against your tounge all day that could be the cause. anything you put in your mouth is worth checking to see if there is gluten in it if you're not sure but i'd lean more towards the idea of the rubbing that is occurring to be the cause of the irritation.