jasonD2

Getting Better But Still Have Bathroom Issues

Rate this topic

im starting to feel a bit better now that I watch what i eat and take all the necessary supplements for GI support, but i still cant seem to go to the bathroom the way I used to. I always need to be at home or in a hotel and by myself and need to just relax at my comp in the morning after i wake up for an hr or 2. If i am in a rush, have an early appt or whatever I wont go all day and usually get horribly bloated by noon. years ago i would be able to jump out of bed, shower & go to work and go to the bathroom like clockwork. this doesnt happen anymore..any idea why? I have been fairly regular lately with the help of some magnesium and yesterday i got up at 5 and had to work a tradeshow all day long & then get on a plane...didnt go until this morning.

I have struggled with constipation problems for years. I find magnesiom helps also.

Upon getting up drink a glass of hot plain water. Some herbs are OK to add but not tea or coffee. I often will use 1/2 or 1 capsule of Cascara sangrada. Try to drink 3 to 5 glasses of water a day.

Add fiber to each meal - I'm using gluten-free oat bran and have used flax seed meal in the past.

I eat lots of prunes and prune juice, often I put about 6 prunes in my meals.

Turmeric and other anti-inflamatory herbs can help relax constricted areas in the gut. Also marshmallow root can improve digestion.

You might cutting down on the fat and oils you are eating. I do better using animal fats - just the amount in the meat or poultry - than vegetable oils.

I'm using Kreger's Candida Formula #2 and Neem leaf capsules for Candida and am improving.

thanks- u should back off on the cascara..its a strong stimulant laxative & can create bowel dependency. I use a product called cleansemore by renew life..one pill per week seems to keep my system in balance.

again my issue isnt necessarily going, its going when i dont have the time to sit around in the morning & wait

i vaguely think there are some yoga poses that can move things along. maybe check around to see if you can find a 5 or 10 minute routine that helps?