choker28

Itching

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac disease about 6 months ago,went to the doctor because i was constantly itching manly on my back and shoulders and sometimes on my ankles.have a light red measle looking rash that occurs on my upper body (shoulders and neck).have been gluten free for about 3months but still continue to itch,anti histamines don't do nothing for me.is this a common thing with celiac disease

I was diagnosed with celiac disease about 6 months ago,went to the doctor because i was constantly itching manly on my back and shoulders and sometimes on my ankles.have a light red measle looking rash that occurs on my upper body (shoulders and neck).have been gluten free for about 3months but still continue to itch,anti histamines don't do nothing for me.is this a common thing with celiac disease

Gluten is not the only thing that can cause itching, for example I react to cashews and pineapple. From what I understand gluten causes fundamental damage to the gut creating issues with other foods, lactose, soy etc. You might then also get skin reactions and other symptoms from these. Of the major food groups that cause skin problems, at the very least lactose, gluten and yeast cause skin issues. The other major product, that of fructose does not appear to. I suggest you stick with the gluten (I assume you have been correctly diagnosed with gluten intolerance), as the skin does take a while to recover and look for other fods that typically cause reactions.

Be positive about this although it can be a challenge - you have isolated gluten as a problem, thiscan take up to 6 months to show significant improevement. Track other symptoms, like energy levels, state of stool, weight loss/gain. The skin tends to be the slowest to react is symptoms after gut and energy etc. Also check you are not eating gluten from some unknown source.

Sasparillo is a very good herb for itching relief, it acts a a blood cleanser and takes a few days to see the results, but works very well over long periods.

If you are unsure if you have DH, you can get a skin biopsy to confirm this as being the result of gluten. Good luck.

After I stopped eating gluten I began to itch like crazy with a red rash on my chest. I discovered that this was caused by soy. After quitting eating soy, I still had residual itching, the source of which I could not identify for a long time. I eventually discovered it was caused by potatoes. Much later I developed additional itching, which I developed because I had been eating too much citrus. After eliminating soy, potatoes and citrus, I had no more itching. It could be that your itching is coming from an additional intolerance.

It's possible that there's gluten in your shampoo--Organics makes gluten-free shampoos. I know that when I've used shampoos that contained gluten, my DH comes right back.

After I stopped eating gluten I began to itch like crazy with a red rash on my chest. I discovered that this was caused by soy. After quitting eating soy, I still had residual itching, the source of which I could not identify for a long time. I eventually discovered it was caused by potatoes. Much later I developed additional itching, which I developed because I had been eating too much citrus. After eliminating soy, potatoes and citrus, I had no more itching. It could be that your itching is coming from an additional intolerance.

how long after the eliminating the soy, potatoes and citrus did you start to see an improvement?