thaichicken

Burt's Bees An Unfriendly Gluten Free Company.

Rate this topic

I recently emailed a customer service representative from Burt's Bees. I simply asked if the vitamin E in their Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Creme was derived from a wheat source? I sent the same exact question to Alba Botanica and they promptly responded yes their vitamin E is derived from a wheat source. I guess Alba Botanica has a better understanding of people with certain allergy sensitivities. I going to return ALL the Burt's Bees products I just purchase from Whole Foods. Burt's Bees just lost out on a potential loyal customer. My question is doesn't a company have an obligation to disclose all ingredients in their products? If it's one of the top 8 allergens and has the potential to make people really sick.

Milk

Eggs

Peanuts

Tree nuts (such as almonds, cashews, walnuts)

Fish (such as bass, cod, flounder)

Shellfish (such as crab, lobster, shrimp)

Soy

Wheat

May 21, 2010

Las Vegas, NV

Reference Number: 6180819

Dear Miss M,

Thank you for contacting us about Burt's Bees Hand Creme - Almond Milk Beeswax.

As is the case with many companies, the specific ingredients of our formula are proprietary.

I am sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,

Elaine Newbie

Consumer Response Representative

Consumer Services

Please be sure to visit us at www.burtsbees.com and click on "The Hive" option to sign up for our email newsletter.

To let us know what you think about your experience emailing our company, please click on the following link to complete an online satisfaction survey.

http://research.affina.com/snaponline/surveylogin.asp?k=125970506806

If you have additional questions or comments, please click here to respond to this email.

Thanks in advance to anyone who response to this question.

It's a shame--Burt's Bees used to be very helpful before it was bought out by Clorox. I recently returned a shampoo and conditioner, the same variety I'd been using for years, because when I got home I noticed they had changed the formula and substituted "fragrance" for the natural oils they had used previously.

(I happen to also be sensitive to perfumes/fragrances)

It's a shame--Burt's Bees used to be very helpful before it was bought out by Clorox. I recently returned a shampoo and conditioner, the same variety I'd been using for years, because when I got home I noticed they had changed the formula and substituted "fragrance" for the natural oils they had used previously.

(I happen to also be sensitive to perfumes/fragrances)

It sucks I've heard so many good things about this company. Since the take over it's gone downhill. Yeah, I try to stay away from perfumes/fragrances as much as possible too. I also try to avoid chemicals like parabens, SLS and any carcinogens. Which is such a challenge it doesn't leave me with many options. Right now I'm trying to detoxify my body from the hand cream incident so I'm restricted to a few unscented items until I clear up again.

Burt's Bees used to be very helpful before it was bought out by Clorox.

I didn't realize they had been bought. This explains the change in ingredients. All of a sudden their products starting having soy. I had to return shampoo and conditioner I bought that previously were safe. I have one treasured lip balm that I'm savouring since it predates the change.

It doesn't take much to ruin a great company! :(