tomtom009

Sex Drive Has Disappeared

Rate this topic

I've been gluten-free for 6 weeks now and seem to be getting better except for one MAJOR problem. My Sex Drive has all but disappeared. I'm only 28 years old with no prior sex related issues, and in good health, but pretty much from day one of starting my gluten free diet I've noticed a steady drop in my sex drive. I had stopped taking Fish Oil supplements for fear they were the culprit, but I've been off those for about 10 days and no change. Surely I'm not helping my case by over analyzing it but I really don't think it's all mental. Any ideas?

I've had the exact opposite issue since going gluten free. First off if I were you I'd get back on the fish oil as it would most likely only have a positive effect on your proper hormonal functioning. Second, try looking at any other major changes you've had to your diet since going gluten free. Making the gluten free switch normally means an overall significant change in your nutritional intake which can cause hormonal issues if you're not careful. What is your normal diet like?

I've had the exact opposite issue since going gluten free. First off if I were you I'd get back on the fish oil as it would most likely only have a positive effect on your proper hormonal functioning. Second, try looking at any other major changes you've had to your diet since going gluten free. Making the gluten free switch normally means an overall significant change in your nutritional intake which can cause hormonal issues if you're not careful. What is your normal diet like?

For supplements I take Alive Multi vitamins, Astragalus root, curcumin, calcuim and zinc trader joes multi and the fish oil.

My diet consists mostly of meat, chicken and some fish. Also rice, potatoes, gluten-free pasta, eggs, asparagus, lettuce, spinach. Fruits such as bananas, strawberries, raspberries.

Try some sublingual vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) Celaics tend to need to supplement B12. Other associated disorders i.e. Pernicious anemia will require B12 supplements too.

Try some sublingual vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) Celaics tend to need to supplement B12. Other associated disorders i.e. Pernicious anemia will require B12 supplements too.

my multi vitamin has 3333% of my daily B12 (as cyanocobalamin). is there a difference?

my multi vitamin has 3333% of my daily B12 (as cyanocobalamin). is there a difference?

Yeah, the form he mentioned is much, much better utilized by the body. Additionally I'd recommend cutting out the gluten-free pasta. This is something obviously new to your diet and it's not a rare occurrence for someone to not respond well to the gluten replacement foods for a period of time after going gluten-free.

For supplements I take Alive Multi vitamins, Astragalus root, curcumin, calcuim and zinc trader joes multi and the fish oil.

My diet consists mostly of meat, chicken and some fish. Also rice, potatoes, gluten-free pasta, eggs, asparagus, lettuce, spinach. Fruits such as bananas, strawberries, raspberries.

The Alive brand vitamins have barley and wheat grass. If these are the brand you mean:

http://www.herbalremedies.com/almulvitwir9.html

Alive! Whole Food Energizer Multi Vitamin

"Green Food/Spirulina Blend: 500mg

I have read that sometimes a manganese deficiency can cause this. Taking manganese helped one one of my male friends.

My sex drive disappeared a few months before I was diagnosed. I've been gluten free for five months now and it still hasn't returned. I'm still having gastro issues, my iron levels are still in the basement, and I am constantly tired and overly emotional.

I have started the process of trying to work out if I have another food issue going on. I'm going to cut out grains for a while and see if that helps. I might still be getting cc from somewhere so I need to have a look at that too.