This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Great Find - Want To Share!

Looking for answers

Looking for answers Contributor

Hi, everyone. I don't have an official recipe, but I wanted to give you a head's up about raw kelp noodles. They may not sound appetizing, but they are terrific when cooked in a wok or with any sauces...they take on the flavor and get soft (they are crunchy before cooking). The best part is that they are not processed, contain lots of minerals and iodine, and are very low calorie. As a QC measure, I had my sister try them out and she just emailed me and said she loves them as well. Anyways, they don't tast fishy or like seaweed, so don't be scared.

I get them in the refrigerated section at wholefoods, usually in the in or near the raw foods. Although, I've also seen them near the tofu at times. I cook mine with beef, veggies, gluten-free soysauce and then sprinkle grounded up peanuts on over the top...yum!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lucia Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing! I'd never heard of those, but they look like a nice alternative to rice noodles. I'm a big fan of kelp, and am looking forward to trying it in noodle form.

waterlily- Explorer

That's pretty interesting, thanks! I'll have to try them out sometime.

Archived