tomtom009

Biochem B-12 3000 Mcg

Rate this topic

trying to get on the B-12 bandwagon to see if it raisees my energy levels (among other thing). Picked up Biochem B-12 3000 mcg. Anything I should know? Thanks

They should be good ones. Be sure to let them dissolve under your tongue or between cheek and gums. I hope they are helpful for you.

I don't know what type of Vitamin B it is, one type starts with a "C" and my doctor said that it's no good for those with absorption issues. He said to use the methylcobalamin form, which is immediately bio-available and does not need to be converted. Being the hardhead I am, I went off and bought my own, the one that starts with a "c" which is the most common type, and it made me feel wired and tired. The methylcobalamin has been much more effective and calming.

BTW, they are drops you hold under your tongue for one minute. I wouldn't bother with pills if you have absorption issues...you'll be literally flushing your money away.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention it was a sublingual pill. Which leads me to my next question. Should all vitamins be taken this way? or just b12.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention it was a sublingual pill. Which leads me to my next question. Should all vitamins be taken this way? or just b12.

Some other vitamins might be absorbed better in a liquid form but B12 is the important one to take sublingually.

Also please see the note I put in your other post. Your Alive vitamin may contain barley and wheat grass, these would not be safe for you. The companies can get away with calling these gluten free because they are using the grass. Many of us have real nasty issues with wheat and barley grass. Do make sure the form of vitamin from this company that you are taking doesn't contain them.

Many of us have real nasty issues with wheat and barley grass.

I can speak to that...caused much distress for the week I took them before figuring it out! Good tip!

Some other vitamins might be absorbed better in a liquid form but B12 is the important one to take sublingually.

Also please see the note I put in your other post. Your Alive vitamin may contain barley and wheat grass, these would not be safe for you. The companies can get away with calling these gluten free because they are using the grass. Many of us have real nasty issues with wheat and barley grass. Do make sure the form of vitamin from this company that you are taking doesn't contain them.

The bottle does state "wheat grass" and "barley grass" as ingredients. I remember calling the company (Natures Way) and they told me it was gluten free etc. I've been taking it forever and seem to be okay but I guess it wouldn't hurt to switch especially since I'm almost out. Any recommendations?

The bottle does state "wheat grass" and "barley grass" as ingredients. I remember calling the company (Natures Way) and they told me it was gluten free etc. I've been taking it forever and seem to be okay but I guess it wouldn't hurt to switch especially since I'm almost out. Any recommendations?

Country Life makes truly gluten free vitamins. Now is another brand that is usually safe but always be sure to read the full ingredient label even if a label says gluten-free.