Rate this topic

Does anyone have any experience with this drug for atrial fibrillation?

All the ingredients lists show starch but none tell what type of starch.

Thanks

Ken

Your best way to check is to contact the drug company. Your pharmacist should do this for you but not all will. If they won't do it yourself. If the drug is a generic you need to recheck at each refill. If you call the company be sure to ask if any ingredients are derived from wheat, (rye and barley I have never seen in a script med). If you ask if it is gluten free since wheat starch is considered gluten-free you may get a blanket yes even if wheat starch is used.

Kaiser makes us do the work and the internal pharmacy generally has no idea ( read that as Whats gluten?)

Just this morning I did reach a company rep who had to contact France where the drug is made.

Its corn starch and considered gluten free in a number of countries. They do do a lot to check for me. As its fairly recently approved in the US the 800 number folks didnt know. I was impressed how they tracked it down and called back.

thanks

Ken

Your best way to check is to contact the drug company. Your pharmacist should do this for you but not all will. If they won't do it yourself. If the drug is a generic you need to recheck at each refill. If you call the company be sure to ask if any ingredients are derived from wheat, (rye and barley I have never seen in a script med). If you ask if it is gluten free since wheat starch is considered gluten-free you may get a blanket yes even if wheat starch is used.

Kaiser makes us do the work and the internal pharmacy generally has no idea ( read that as Whats gluten?)

Just this morning I did reach a company rep who had to contact France where the drug is made.

Its corn starch and considered gluten free in a number of countries. They do do a lot to check for me. As its fairly recently approved in the US the 800 number folks didnt know. I was impressed how they tracked it down and called back.

thanks

Ken

I am glad you were able to find out and hope the med is helpful for you. AF must be scarey when it happens.

At times it is very scary and at other times I don't even know it. Had a monitor on for a month that transmits and EKG and the doc would call in the early am to see if I was ok -- Id go into afib while sleeping and didnt know it. The hard part is that it saps all the energy.

I am glad you were able to find out and hope the med is helpful for you. AF must be scarey when it happens.