dube

Is This Right?

Rate this topic

I just read where if you have DH, than you have no gastro symptoms of Celiacs...this can't be true....When I eat gluten, two days later I get a small rash usually on my upper arms that itch like crazy, sometimes there is one...sometimes more. But I also get stomach issues.

So people who suffer from DH also have gastro symptoms...or is that impossible?

The only thing I know is that there are no absolutes when it comes to autoimmune disorders and their symptoms. So, I'd say, this is completely false information.

I just read where if you have DH, than you have no gastro symptoms of Celiacs...this can't be true....When I eat gluten, two days later I get a small rash usually on my upper arms that itch like crazy, sometimes there is one...sometimes more. But I also get stomach issues.

So people who suffer from DH also have gastro symptoms...or is that impossible?

I'm celiac, with no DH. My good friend is celiac with DH and G.I. issues. A celiac can have DH without G.I. issues. One thing I've heard for sure, DH is always indicative of celiac whether or not they have G.I. issues.

I had severe DH, at it's worst from age 6 to my 20's. At that time I never seemed to have GI issues that were not normal issues, ie. lots of tummy growling but not much else. I did have neuro issues but they were attributed to an abusive home and my balance issues, ataxia, had me considered to be just real clumsy. It is very possible to have DH and not have tummy issues or other celiac problems. A diagnosis of DH is still a firm diagnosis of celiac even without GI problems.