kannne

Bread Made Of Porridge

Rate this topic

When I was diagnosed with celiac I remember someone talked about bread made frmo porridge and that those bread did not crumble so fast. That they could be in a bag for several days without falling apart.

Has anyone tried that?

I have problems with my bread recipes that the bread falls apart after 1 day :(

Gluten-Free breads do tend to dry out quickly, and they get especially crumbly in the fridge. Adding some lecithin may help. A small amount of soy flour (maybe 1/8 the total) can also help.

I find that the best way to preserve gluten-free breads is to freeze them, not refrigerate. For some reason, putting them in the fridge is much worse than leaving them at room temperature in a sealed container.

Gluten-Free breads do tend to dry out quickly, and they get especially crumbly in the fridge. Adding some lecithin may help. A small amount of soy flour (maybe 1/8 the total) can also help.

I find that the best way to preserve gluten-free breads is to freeze them, not refrigerate. For some reason, putting them in the fridge is much worse than leaving them at room temperature in a sealed container.

Where do you buy lecithin and how much do you use?

Lecithin is generally found in health stores, in granular form. It is often extracted from soy, but can also be from sunflower seeds or certain other things. The amount to use can vary, depending on the other ingredients in the recipe.

Some recipe ideas using lecithin can be found at the bottom of this page:

http://www.bobsredmill.com/soy-lecithin-granules.html