This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Atkins Products

mbrookes

mbrookes Community Regular

I gained a lot of weight right after going gluten free 2 years ago. Now I'm on Atkins diet and it is working (12 down; 18 to go). I just drank an Atkins shake about an hour ago, and the old cramps have kicked in.

Has anyone else had experience, good or bad, with Atkins products?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Not all their products are gluten-free so make sure you check to be sure the ones you purchase are. I used to eat one or two of the different bars but I react to soy, which I didn't know at the time, and that was what caused my reactions to them. My soy reactions are different from my gluten reactions but in the beginning I couldn't tell. I don't know if they have CC issues in the plant or not.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online (within 30 mins)

Lizdon
    Newest Member
    Lizdon
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      1m

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A22):

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):

• Upcoming Events

• cristiana
      I am not a medically qualified person, but I think in your shoes I would do the same.     If you are in the UK, there are some really good gluten-free aisles now.  The largest range near where I live, currently, appears to be in Tesco's.
    • Katiec123
      @cristiana I’ve got an appointment with the midwife next week so will speak to her then. Waiting for gp to get back to me. I’ve made the decision today to cut gluten out regardless due to the risks I’ve read about 
    • cristiana
      Hi Katie I am so sorry you had two miscarriages in the past.  Try not to worry, though, because it could be that they were unrelated, perhaps? Well done for contacting your GP.  Is it possible that you can speak to your midwife in the meantime for a chat?    Cristiana  
    • Katiec123
      @cristiana hi!  the things I’ve read online about having untreated coeliac disease whilst pregnant has really scared me and made me very hesitant to continue eating it. I feel like the best option might be to eliminate gluten from my diet now and then continue with testing after I’ve given birth. I’ve got in touch with my gp and am due to get a phone call back on Monday. Really worried now as I’ve had 2 miscarriages in the past 
    • cristiana
      @Katiec123 Welcome to the forum. I started to have symptoms related to coeliac disease (mouth ulcers, aura migraines etc) but no gastric symptoms during my first pregnancy.  That went to term, in fact, I was 10 days over and had to be induced.  But my second baby, born 21 months later, arrived at 33 weeks.  He's now doing well, and taller than all of us - it was just an earlier than expected arrival! I agree, it would not be wise to eat gluten  if there is any suspicion that you have coeliac disease during a pregnancy.   It would of course be good to know for sure, one way or another, because I believe coeliacs receive extra monitoring during pregnancy in many countries.   I think it may be well worth asking your GP if you can be referred to a gastroenterologist for a formal diagnosis asap.   By the way you spell 'coeliac' I'm guessing you are posting from the UK?  If that is the case, the NHS may rush things along for you, I suspect they will.  If it appears that they cannot refer you urgently, if you have the money for a private consultation it might be well worth it, as there is a trend here in the UK (I'm British) to diagnose coeliacs without the need for an endoscopy if the blood test results are compelling. Sounds like this is the case for you.  If you can see a gastroenterologist privately s/he might be able to diagnose you there and then (make sure you take a printout of your blood tests). Generally, there is a lot of support for coeliacs through the NHS, with a nutritionist, annual reviews and blood tests to check for diet compliance and health related issues, DEXA scans to check bone density, extra vaccinations where indicated and in some areas, certain gluten free food available on prescription.  So for lots of reasons, if you can get a diagnosis it's worth it. I hope all goes well with your appointment, let us know how you get on.