Rate this topic

Okay confused....does anyone know if Benefiber is gluten-free.....I'm confused. I know I'm new at this, but the bottle said Gluten Free and than the ingredients said the word "wheat"....I don't understand...I didn't buy it today because I wasn't sure...

Can anyone shed some light?

Okay confused....does anyone know if Benefiber is gluten-free.....I'm confused. I know I'm new at this, but the bottle said Gluten Free and than the ingredients said the word "wheat"....I don't understand...I didn't buy it today because I wasn't sure...

I have no idea if it is gluten-free, but I guess "Wheat" could refer to leaves/grass, not grains.

I have seen a product that contained wheat stems.

I found this on their website--

http://www.benefiber.com/fiberHealth/faqs.shtml#question9

To use is a personal decision--personally, I would not.

I found this on their website--

http://www.benefiber.com/fiberHealth/faqs.shtml#question9

To use is a personal decision--personally, I would not.

I wouldn't either. If you need fiber getting it from food is the best way to go. Increase your veggies and fruits. If you don't normally eat a lot of them increase your intake slowly to avoid gas. If your system still isn't healed cook them first rather than eating raw. One of the best food sources of fiber is sweet potatoes they have both soluable and insoluable fiber.

When Benefiber first came out on market, it was gluten free and then they changed the formula to include the wheat. That's when my husband stopped using it. He currently uses something he buys from CVS called "Easy Fiber" and it has corn dextrin. Bottle states that it is Gluten Free. Rite Aid has their own type of product too - and it states Gluten Free on the label as well.