jasonD2

Anyone Have Gastroparesis?

Rate this topic

im starting to thing i have delayed gastric emptying which is why i never feel well after meals...is there any way to treat this?

im starting to thing i have delayed gastric emptying which is why i never feel well after meals...is there any way to treat this?

Hi Jason:

Although my digestion was always slow, before I started taking HCl supplements, I can't take those right now. So I have intense gastroparesis. However, I also have the dientamoeba fragilis parasite, which challenges my digestion, and the h. pylori bacteria, which makes my stomach hurt when I stretch it with more than tiny amounts of food. Nevertheless, I realize gastroparesis is symptom, like 'ibs', not a permanent condition or 'disease'. Tonight I'll begin taking alinia for the d-frag critters. I've taken mastic gum for h. pylori for 3 days and no longer have burning pain after eating. Hopefully eliminating d-frag and h. pylori will improve my digestion. (I was much better before those 2 bugs.)

I suspect your gastroparesis will subside after you resolve any gastrointestinal problems which slow your digestion. Have you have follow up stool tests after treating parasites? Maybe you need digestive supplements. Have you ever been tested for hypochloridia?

SUE

The first thing you should do is contact your doctor and ask for testing. There are tests to find out if this is the case. You would swallow a solution, make sure to tell them it needs to be gluten free, then they do x-rays to see how long it takes the solution to pass through. If gastroparesis is present you doctor will advise you from there.

My GI doctor thinks I might have a touch of this. However there really is no treatment for it. They use Reglan which I reacted badly too before, so he said it wouldn't really give us much to do. I a hoping as my stomach heals this will get better as well, if it is a problem.

Here are some links for you to review

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/gastroparesis/DS00612

http://www.gi.org/patients/gihealth/gastroparesis.asp

Can the problem really be low stomach acid? i was taking Biogest for 2 yrs with no problems now i cant tolerate it at all. is this maybe why i keep getting parasites? How am i supposed to increase stomach acid, improve my digestion & eliminate parasites if the supplements make me ill?

Hi Jason:

I've read that if your stomach lining is really thin, esp. after damage from h. pylori or other gut bugs, you may not be able to tolerate HCl supplements. I previously tolerated straight HCl capsules very well UNTIL I got an H. Pylori infection, which damaged my stomach. Now I can't tolerate any HCl capsules. BTW Biogest doesn't have much HCl, although it includes other digestive enzymes.

SUE