This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gluten And Lactose Free In Budapest

dorotka

dorotka Newbie

Hello

I am a Danish gluten and lactose intolerant girl. I am visiting Budapest from June 15th and hope to find some hungarian speaking people here.

Could any of you please help me with this simple translation?

Hello

I have a special request for my food. I am allergic to gluten and lactose which means that I can't eat flour, wheat, soy sauce, starch, milk, youghurt, cream, cheese or butter. These products will make me very sick.

I can eat any vegetables, fruits, potatoes, rice, meats, fish etc.

Please help me to secure that my food is okay for me to eat.

Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

pawelski Newbie

Hi,

You can use the note below:

"Tisztelt F

• 2 months later...
Ode2Joy Newbie

Hi,

You can use the note below:

"Tisztelt F

Ode2Joy Newbie

Hello Pawelski,

Thank you so much for the gluten-free guide card in Hungarian. I'm traveling to Romania - Transylvania in October. It will, I'm sure, be very useful.

Thanks again,

Regina

Was looking further in the travel section of the forum and found another source for meal

cards: Open Original Shared Link Gluten-free restaurant cards - 50 languages available including Romanian. Thanks for the link NoWheatPete.

Regina

Original link can be found in

mscan91 Newbie

"Van egy keresem.

Allergias vagyok glutenre es lactose-ra ami azt jelenti hogy nem ehetek

semmit amiben liszt, buza, szoja, kemenyito, tej,yoghurt, tejszin, sajt vagy

vaj van. Nagyon beteg leszek ha eszem valamelyiket is.

Ehetek mindent ami tartalmaz: zoldseget, gyumolcsot, rizst, burgonyat,

hust, halat, csirket, stb.

Kerem segitsen hogy biztonsagosan etkezzek.

Nagyon koszonom a segitseget."

My moms from Hungary :]

pawelski Newbie

Hello Pawelski,

Thank you so much for the gluten-free guide card in Hungarian. I'm traveling to Romania - Transylvania in October. It will, I'm sure, be very useful.

Thanks again,

Regina

The card quoted above is good in Hungary, but not good in Romania. Romanians speak in completely different language.

Please find the card for Romania below:

Sunt la dieta specială fără gluten. Înainte de toate, NU AM VOIE să mănânc, chiar şi în cantităţi foarte mici, anumite produse: faină de grâu (sau secara, orz, mei), pâine, paste, pesmet, borş. Vă rog frumos să-mi propuneţi un fel de mâncare, care nu conţine aceste ingrediente. Mulţumesc mult!

BTW. Say hello to Dracula if you meet him in Transylvania ;)

BTW 2: I was in Hungary during Formula-1 weekend, unfortunately I lost my printed card.

It wasn't easy to explain it in restaurant (honestly I tried only once) and totally "mission-impossible" in grocery, so I had my lunches in McD (grilled chicken with salad) and used my "gluten-free-support-food" taken from home.

Good-luck

• 2 months later...
Ode2Joy Newbie

Hi,

I'm off to Translyvania on Sunday. Have sent copies of your's and Pawelski's note to the hosts. I tried to translate the notes with a Hungarian to English translater. Oh, boy, just gibberish I'm afraid. No reflection on you though. Machine tranlations are just too literal.

Will take hard copies of all the cards, including Romanian, just in case. Also, a little back up of trail mix, nuts, dried fruit, etc. I'm sure I'll enjoy the trip and may even loose a bit of weight!

Will let you know what happens.

Regina

PS. The visit is to a UU partner church. Dracula is not on the agenda! :D

"Van egy keresem.

Allergias vagyok glutenre es lactose-ra ami azt jelenti hogy nem ehetek

semmit amiben liszt, buza, szoja, kemenyito, tej,yoghurt, tejszin, sajt vagy

vaj van. Nagyon beteg leszek ha eszem valamelyiket is.

Ehetek mindent ami tartalmaz: zoldseget, gyumolcsot, rizst, burgonyat,

hust, halat, csirket, stb.

Kerem segitsen hogy biztonsagosan etkezzek.

Nagyon koszonom a segitseget."

My moms from Hungary :]

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 4 weeks later...
Ode2Joy Newbie

Hello again,

Had a wonderful time in Transylvania. Many thanks for the gluten-free card translation. It worked like a charm. I printed both the Romanian and the Hungarian cards out and taped them together back to back for one quick reference. Great food! Beautiful land, exceptional people.

Regina

The card quoted above is good in Hungary, but not good in Romania. Romanians speak in completely different language.

Please find the card for Romania below:

Sunt la dieta specială fără gluten.

Archived