lilbit

Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

Rate this topic

Has anyone dealt with the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston? Any recommendations for a doctor there?

Thanks!

I was diagnosed @ Mass General in Danvers in March - the GI was nice, but certainly no expert in Celiac - I have been begging for tests that are supposed to be routine after this diagnosis, but not having any luck getting the answers I need. He said "yup, you have Celiac" and that was the last I heard! In the last 4 months, no one has bothered to check where my overall health stands today; after 10 years undiagnosed, I am assuming (and feeling!!) that the damage is extensive and want to, need to know what to do from here.

So, I did some research on Beth Israel - the Celiac Disease Center sounds great - what an impressive staff of MD"s! I just made an appt last week - originally it was with Seema Maroo, who sounds amazing! I was so excited! But the office just called me to let me know there was a "scheduling error" and she is not available for another 2 months. Ugh! So I switched my appt to Dr Daniel Leffman, a recent addition to the team - his primary focus is Celiac and is on the celiac research team, so I am hoping he has lots of answers for me! I am going August 20th, so the wait time is not too bad...

Did you ever end up going? Who did you see?

I was diagnosed @ Mass General in Danvers in March - the GI was nice, but certainly no expert in Celiac - I have been begging for tests that are supposed to be routine after this diagnosis, but not having any luck getting the answers I need. He said "yup, you have Celiac" and that was the last I heard! In the last 4 months, no one has bothered to check where my overall health stands today; after 10 years undiagnosed, I am assuming (and feeling!!) that the damage is extensive and want to, need to know what to do from here.

So, I did some research on Beth Israel - the Celiac Disease Center sounds great - what an impressive staff of MD"s! I just made an appt last week - originally it was with Seema Maroo, who sounds amazing! I was so excited! But the office just called me to let me know there was a "scheduling error" and she is not available for another 2 months. Ugh! So I switched my appt to Dr Daniel Leffman, a recent addition to the team - his primary focus is Celiac and is on the celiac research team, so I am hoping he has lots of answers for me! I am going August 20th, so the wait time is not too bad...

Did you ever end up going? Who did you see?

How did it go? I'm trying to find a neurologist through them that also knows celiac.

How did it go? I'm trying to find a neurologist through them that also knows celiac.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm also looking for a recommendation at Beth Israel.

Thanks.