Rate this topic

As a super sensitive newbie I am trying to avoid all products made on shared lines, but non-celiac hubby is now going gluten free to make life/kitchen safer and easier for me so I am wondering whether it is OK for him to have such products or whether that will mess up my new gluten free kitchen. Think I am currently at the paranoid stage but am having trouble eliminating the last traces of gluten from my life.

I am only thinking of items such as canned beans in water, canned fruit in fruit juice, and Natures Path gluten free cereals. All our other food is fresh.

Will welcome any advice/opinions/experience, thanks in advance.

As a super sensitive newbie I am trying to avoid all products made on shared lines, but non-celiac hubby is now going gluten free to make life/kitchen safer and easier for me so I am wondering whether it is OK for him to have such products or whether that will mess up my new gluten free kitchen. Think I am currently at the paranoid stage but am having trouble eliminating the last traces of gluten from my life.

I am only thinking of items such as canned beans in water, canned fruit in fruit juice, and Natures Path gluten free cereals. All our other food is fresh.

Will welcome any advice/opinions/experience, thanks in advance.

It's really up to you but if you're still not feeling well, me personally, I won't add those items to your new gluten free kitchen. This is just my opinion. I'm extra careful & it took me five months to get better. I also have a gluten free kitchen. At first I didn't allow cross cont. items in my house until I felt good. Now I will allow some items that are gluten free, but could be cross cont. at the - like Tostitos chips & Salsa for the hubby. But I watch him closely.... B) I might be a little paranoid too, but you can never be too careful. I still don't eat these items because to me it's just not worth it. I have realized too fast that when I don't get accidentally glutened I feel awesome and it so nice to feel healthy & full of energy!

Also, I do eat the Nature Path Maple Sunrise cereal. I haven't noticed any reactions to it & I eat it maybe twice a week. Do you think you are reacting to it? Just thought I would ask...Thanks!

I hope this helps! :)

I am super sensitive. I eat very few processed foods, and no processed grains. I do let the non celiacs in the house have them though. A slight contamination from a slight contamination seems to be too tiny to bother me or my son, the two super sensitive celiacs in the family. We do make the non celiacs wash hands and brush teeth (for kissing) when they come home.