MaryannG

Gluten-Free Bisquick

Rate this topic

I've already seen some recipes posted for the new gluten free Bisquick, too. Hopefully our old Bisquick recipes will work using it (cup for cup)...like the Impossible Pies, etc. Anxious to try it especially since it'll be readily available in regular grocery stores, Wal-Mart, etc. And hopefully not cost an arm and a leg!!!

I always used Bisquick for oven baked chicken (the recipe used to be printed on the box)...of course, I got rid of my old Bisquick when I became gluten free.

Awesome news! I made the oven fried chicken too. It was/is a favorite at our house. I was thinking I might try making it and subbing Pamela's mix for the Bisquick. And I checked out the link you provided and there is already a recipe for gluten free oven baked chicken. I am doing the happy dance right now. You are my new best friend for sharing this news.

So I can once again have my old stand-by sausage-cheese-Bisquick balls. HOORAY!

I just contacted the parent company (Betty Crocker) and was told that the gluten free Bisquick should be in stores by mid-August.

• Upvote 1

So I can once again have my old stand-by sausage-cheese-Bisquick balls. HOORAY!

I just contacted the parent company (Betty Crocker) and was told that the gluten free Bisquick should be in stores by mid-August.

I don't think I can wait that long - lol.

Has anyone seen the Gluten free Hamburger helpers in stores yet? I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the stores don't pull one on us and mark them up, just for having the words "gluten free" on them....

Has anyone seen the Gluten free Hamburger helpers in stores yet? I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the stores don't pull one on us and mark them up, just for having the words "gluten free" on them....

I bought the gluten free Asian Chicken Helper a couple of weeks ago at Wal-Mart and on Weds. they had the gluten free Asian Beef Helper (both are fried rice) and both were priced at $1.50 each. You do have to provide the meat and two eggs. I'm sure I could do it from scratch just as easily. I haven't yet tried the one I bought.

No gluten free Bisquick yet and I keep watching for it...it's supposed to be out sometime this summer.

Yeah, I'll probably pass on the Hamburger Helpers as I make fried rice from scratch all the time, but it's excellent for my family members who are clueless as to what to make when I visit. Hopefully this will give them some ideas/options! :)

I can't wait for Bisquick. Gluten-free chicken and dumplings! Someone give a shout when you see it.

I can't wait for Bisquick. Gluten-free chicken and dumplings! Someone give a shout when you see it.

Same here! The Chicken Pot Pie, Cheesy Biscuits, and fried Chicken recipes on their site are making my mouth water! I'm contacting my local stores to make sure they know to start carrying it as soon as it's available.

I look for it every time I go to Wal-Mart. I suspect they'll have it as soon as any of the other grocery stores around here. Surprisingly I never used it that much in the past but especially liked it for oven fried chicken.

I just bought two boxes of this at my local grocery store! I remembered reading a recipe somewhere for chicken pot pie that used Bisquick for the crust and my mouth watered when I saw this in the store! I haven't used it yet but I am excited to cook!

I think there's also another more recent thread on this topic.

best regards, lm

I've already seen some recipes posted for the new gluten free Bisquick, too. Hopefully our old Bisquick recipes will work using it (cup for cup)...like the Impossible Pies, etc. Anxious to try it especially since it'll be readily available in regular grocery stores, Wal-Mart, etc. And hopefully not cost an arm and a leg!!!

I've made four different impossible pies with gluten free Bisquick. They all turned out. I do add an extra egg and a bit less milk. The recipes I tried said to bake for 30-35 minutes. I have had to bake them for 90 minutes for them to be done in the center. I do think my oven is working properly. The edges get brown in about a half hour so I then cover them with foil and continue baking.

Since it has been close to 30 years since I made regular impossible pies, I don't know if they took extra time to bake.

My husband and I both love the impossible pies. So far I have made zucchini, broccoli, zucchini with tomato and bacon and green bean impossible pies. I added cheese to all of them. All were delicious!

Think I'll call myself the impossible pie queen.

I've made four different impossible pies with gluten free Bisquick. They all turned out. I do add an extra egg and a bit less milk. The recipes I tried said to bake for 30-35 minutes. I have had to bake them for 90 minutes for them to be done in the center. I do think my oven is working properly. The edges get brown in about a half hour so I then cover them with foil and continue baking.

Since it has been close to 30 years since I made regular impossible pies, I don't know if they took extra time to bake.

My husband and I both love the impossible pies. So far I have made zucchini, broccoli, zucchini with tomato and bacon and green bean impossible pies. I added cheese to all of them. All were delicious!

Think I'll call myself the impossible pie queen.

Sounds yummy!