lucia

Great Gluten-Free Beer

Rate this topic

Hi all,

I didn't think gluten-free beer would taste very good, and figured that I'd just as well pass. I went out to eat this weekend though with family to a gluten-friendly place, and they were all excited about me trying the gluten-free beer. Turns out it was great!

Redbridge is a crisp lager that tastes like Red Stripe.

Green's is a stout, much like Guinness. My husband even liked it better than Guinness; it doesn't have that bitter aftertaste. I can't wait to try it again!

lucia

Hi all,

I didn't think gluten-free beer would taste very good, and figured that I'd just as well pass. I went out to eat this weekend though with family to a gluten-friendly place, and they were all excited about me trying the gluten-free beer. Turns out it was great!

Green's is a stout, much like Guinness. My husband even liked it better than Guinness; it doesn't have that bitter aftertaste. I can't wait to try it again!

lucia

I was never a beer drinker before, but I love Redbridge, sauerkraut, and sausage baked together. I also use it for "beer butt" chicken. It is delicious.

Just picked up some Green's yesterday...really liked it. The store carried the Amber Ale, Blonde Ale, and Dubbel Dark....really liked the dark. Yum ! Great for summer....they were out of Redbridge though. I have tried Bard's too and thought it was fine...

There's a gluten-free stout??? Wohoo!!!! B) Where do I get it?

I didn't think much of Redbridge. It's too heavily hopped for my taste.

Another great one is St Peter's

There's a gluten-free stout??? Wohoo!!!! B) Where do I get it?

I didn't think much of Redbridge. It's too heavily hopped for my taste.

Skylark - I know! I (used to) love Guinness.

I guess they don't call it a stout explicitly, but it tastes like one! It's Greens Double Dark Beer.

I don't know where to get it except at the restaurant in Manhattan where I had it (Risoterria), but I'm new to all this. I've never even bought Redbridge.

Hi all,

lucia

Besides Bard's there's also New Grist

Besides Bard's there's also New Grist

I can only get Redbridge around here. I did find Bards and it was $12.00 for six. But that Redbridge, it's, to me, like taking shots of straight up mooonshine. It knocks me on my BUTT - I mean, one does.

I'm not sure what's up with that........