Rate this topic

I am in college i was diagnosed with celiacs in january. I am working at a sandwich shop. do you think that being around the breads could cause problems. also, if i eat a piece of chicken or something that has been touched by gloves that touched bread is that bad and will it give me problems related to celiacs.

Maybe on the being around breads thing but only really if you guys are making the bread there as well. Yes on the chicken touching gloves that touched gluten, you're probably going to have to avoid employee meals at that place.

I am in college i was diagnosed with celiacs in january. I am working at a sandwich shop. do you think that being around the breads could cause problems. also, if i eat a piece of chicken or something that has been touched by gloves that touched bread is that bad and will it give me problems related to celiacs.

Hey, I work at a Tim Horton's and that is pretty much gluten central. However, we don't make the products, we just bake from frozen. I find this is all fine for me. I have to be careful if I am making the sandwiches because I sometimes get migraines, but no other symptoms. You shouldn't really have a problem. I agree on the chicken thing though...I won't eat anything from work anymore, I just bring myself dinner now. It's 100% safe, and it's better for you because you can avoid all the horrible preservatives in prepared foods.

It's nothing to leave your job over, just be careful about washing your hands if you are going to touch something you will be eating, and try bringing lunch or snacks for your breaks.

Good Luck!