Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I know this has been discussed MANY times on here, and the consensus was that Trix is not labeled gluten free, but no one has reported any reactions to it. I've been eating it for the past several months with no reaction.

I checked Clan Thompson's Celiac Food SmartList today, though, and saw that they have it labeled as "NOT gluten free" as of 05/04/2010.

Did I miss something or did they change ingredients? My box looks safe, I double checked the ingredients. Anyone know anything about this?

Gluten Free since October 2009

If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?" - Milton Berle

"Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent how I react to it."--Lou Holtz

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My guess would be that the CC risk is really high with these even if the ingredients appear safe.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I think about 4 years ago Trix and Cocoa Puffs "went" gluten free...however, many people got pretty sick from it and I don't know that it ever held. There were long lists of messages on this board about both products but the chatter has long calmed down. I tested them both out during this time period and felt gross after each so I haven't went back. I get my fix through Berry Berry Kix......hahah rhyme not intended :)

I don't think Cocoa Puffs were ever gluten-free. Perhaps you were thinking of Cocoa Pebbles!

Nope...I believe there was a time several years ago that Cocoa Puffs had changed their formula. I've been well aware for years about the pebbles.