Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mack the Knife

Still Have Active Coeliac Disease

wait. how old are you? Xanax is an anti-anxiety. It is very effective, but also addictive. And for me, it works wonders on calming me down during gluten times. Or any stomach/intestinal related issues.

What is Xanax?

Xanax is similiar to Valium and the name brand is not gluten free. It is an antianxiety med. I take the generic form, alprazolam, made by sandoz. It is addictive and a controlled substance. Your doctor can prescribe it if there is a need. Be aware that with long term use it can be hard to get off of and you should not stop it cold if you have been on it awhile. Acupuncture, excersize and psychotherapy may be helpful if your anxiety levels are high and a short term issue they can help alot. You might want to consider trying those before going to a med.

wait. how old are you? Xanax is an anti-anxiety. It is very effective, but also addictive. And for me, it works wonders on calming me down during gluten times. Or any stomach/intestinal related issues.

I'm 36 and no, I haven't heard of it. But it might possibly be sold under another name here.

I've never suffered from anxiety though. Besides the GI issues, my neuro symptoms are brain fog, dizziness, exhaustion, finger numbness and occasional vision issues (ie seeing weird flashes and patterns of light). Does it work for symptoms besides anxiety?

I just thought I'd post an update.

I did end up cutting our all grains and flours (except for a bit of white rice) from my diet about three weeks ago. And for the last week and a half I have been feeling really good. My energy is up, my bowels are starting to behave themselves, I am less constipated that I have been in ages and my sex drive has suddenly seen a flicker of life.

So I am hopeful that contaminated flours were my problem and that is resolved now.

I think I'll try re-introducing certified gluten free products back into my diet and see how that goes.

Glad you're doing better. One thing I didn't see mentioned was pet food--I've cc'd myself with catfood, so if you have pets, check their food ingredients.

Also, things like instant and flavored coffee can be a problem.

Glad you're doing better. One thing I didn't see mentioned was pet food--I've cc'd myself with catfood, so if you have pets, check their food ingredients.

Also, things like instant and flavored coffee can be a problem.

Hmmm. I do have cats. I had better check their food.

Glad you are doing better. Something I have done with grains. Buy whole, sort and remove suspicious looking grains. Wash, dry and grind. It's a pain, but seemed to work. Unfortunately certified didn't work for me. The allowed levels seem to be too high.