Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

conniebky

Ran Into A Non-Gentleman Redneck From Hell

Boy, what a day I had! Is there a full moon tonight or what? My doctor wants me to take this medicine, so I took a half one with my coffee this morning at 6:30. So I get feeling panicky at work. So I go in my purse to get my pills and they are NOT THERE! I always leave my purse on my desk, I trust everyone :ph34r: So, anyway, I come home at lunch, they are not here, not in my car, just gone. So I had a refill on them so I drive from the city all the way down to the drug store to get my refill. And I'm starting to feel all panicked again....

I see an empty space right by the pharmacy door so I pulled in there. This "man" slams his van into park, jumps out and goes "I guess ya didn't see my turn signal" This is at a tiny little country place, I'm like, "huh?" He was like 7 inches taller than me, bent down so his face was equal with mine and said to me, "ya best to take your skanky a** back to yer mf'in car and MOVE it, and I said NOW!" I go, "I have to get my medicine"....stupid thing to say, but that's all that came out...... then he starts lunging at me like two guys in a bar fight and all I'm thinking is "I'm alone, none of my people are with me". He had a very out of control beard and crazy hair. I tried to walk to the left of him, he moved in front of me, tried to move to the right, he moved again. Screaming at me the whole time, mf this, B that, called me everything but a preacher. he said "take your skanky a** over there and move that mf car NOW, or you'll see what will happen."

This tiny little 20 year old girl with long blonde hair started walking up there and she said to him, "hey, mister, you shouldn't be talking to her like that" then he started yelling and cussing at me some more. I went in the store. When I got to the pharmacy, I was shaking like a sick chicken. I told that lady what happened. She told this other girl, "get Jason", then this guy came up with sagging jeans, gold chains, some kind of expensive sports jersey shirt thing. He was security! That's his job, he walks around that store for eight hours a day looking like he's shopping, but he's really security.

So they told me they're going to walk me out to my car, well, he scratched up my car a bit with a key or something, I don't know, but I don't care about that. The security guy said that 4 people had went to the customer desk and said that some crazy redneck guy was threatening a girl out in the parking lot (me) and they detained him and called the cops and I said I'd wait but when I got in my car, I tore outta there. I didn't want that guy to see my face or know my name (if it went to court)

I knew I was going to be late getting back to work from my lunch break, I was just like out of body, like "is this really happening?" I used to live down there. Then I got so freaked out about getting back to work on time, I didn't stop for gas then I sputtered my way to get $4.00 worth of gas cuz it's $2.89 there and only $2.39 in my neighborhood, and boy what a day I had..... that guy, he could have done any number of things, he was totally out of control. There's 99 southern hospitality people in Kentucky and one redneck, and that's all it takes.

I just thank everything and everyone that he didn't hurt me and that I didn't run out of gas. But I still don't know where my pills went, and it makes me sad to think anyone at work would go in my purse and take my medicine. It was a twilight zone kind of day. Now all my friends and my family are fired up because of what happened, man, that guy was nutso! And I REALLY didn't see his turn signal. And who the heck uses turn signals in a tiny place like that anyway?

And I ate a chocolate chip cookie yesterday at our company picnic. I ate half of it, my legs felt funny, but that's all that happened. Then tonight when I got home, my dog (94 pounds)tried to either pick up one of those kittens outside or either eat it, I'm not sure, and the mom cat who weighs all of 2 pounds maybe, faced up to my dog to protect her kitten, and it was cool, but creepy too because it made me think that humans are starting to act like animals.

Be kind to each person that you meet, for everyone is fighting a great battle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Wow--what a nut! Good thing the police were called, hopefully that'll put a stop to him harassing people.

How scary, though. Glad you're ok :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Wow! That sounds horrible.

My daughter and I have had a couple of scares. One was in the grocery store. Guy behind us started yelling and saying bad things. I'll not really repeat them here. Anyway for some reason he felt he should go ahead of us. Neither of us was buying very much stuff. I just told the clerk to take him first. Why? In my mind the guy was nuts and the further he got away from us, the better! Well she didn't want to take him first but finally she did after I insisted. Then I told her why.

The next time was outside of the drugstore, just like you. This scruffy looking older man just appeared out of nowhere and was rifling through the trash. This immediately following someone throwing out a McDonald's bag. He was talking to himself and sounded very angry that there was no food in the bag. Luckily we hadn't gotten out of the van. It was a new store and I didn't have the phone number in my cell phone. Otherwise I would have called inside like my daughter wanted me to do.

Turns out the guy so far is harmless. There have been numerous complaints about him but the word from the police is that he is probably homeless and mentally ill. He hasn't actually broken any laws though.

The next time was outside of the drugstore, just like you. This scruffy looking older man just appeared out of nowhere and was rifling through the trash. This immediately following someone throwing out a McDonald's bag. He was talking to himself and sounded very angry that there was no food in the bag. Luckily we hadn't gotten out of the van. It was a new store and I didn't have the phone number in my cell phone. Otherwise I would have called inside like my daughter wanted me to do.

Turns out the guy so far is harmless. There have been numerous complaints about him but the word from the police is that he is probably homeless and mentally ill. He hasn't actually broken any laws though.

Poor guy he was most likely hoping for the only meal he would have that day. No one should have to look through garbage for some food when so many of our dollars go to support the hungry in other countries.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Poor guy he was most likely hoping for the only meal he would have that day. No one should have to look through garbage for some food when so many of our dollars go to support the hungry in other countries.

Could be. I failed to mention that he was glaring at my daughter and I for a long time. We were frightened to get out of the van. We only got out when he disappeared into nowhere.

I've learned from past experience that there isn't much you can do for people who are in such a state. You just never know what might set them off and they can easily turn on you and become quite violent. Not saying that he would. You just never know.

Could be. I failed to mention that he was glaring at my daughter and I for a long time. We were frightened to get out of the van. We only got out when he disappeared into nowhere.

I've learned from past experience that there isn't much you can do for people who are in such a state. You just never know what might set them off and they can easily turn on you and become quite violent. Not saying that he would. You just never know.

I would have been afraid of him also. I would have done the same thing you did.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)